> Forums
Reply
1
> Rules > Polemos Rules > Simple ECW Question
TOPIC: Simple ECW Question
PM Saurocet
Standard User
Posts: 2
Simple ECW Question
Saurocet
31st Jul 2015 09:38:02

I have (what I think is) a simple question for the ECW Polemos rules.

When a leader is attached to a brigade, is he attached to the brigade or a specific base when in Close Combat? In other words, does his positive modifier affect the base he is attached to or the whole brigade? 

I've been playing solitaire and interpret the rules that a leader attaches only to a specific base.  In the middle of the last turn I thought I could position the leader to touch two bases at once.  So is that considered unsportsmanlike? 

 


Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Posts: 1244
Simple ECW Question
dourpuritan
1st Aug 2015 08:04:49

Ranged combat refers to an officer attached to a FORCE. The rules define a force as a single base or a brigade. However in Close combat the modifier is an officer ATTACHED TO A BASE. I think straddling two bases with an officer is against the spirit of that rule.


A little goes a long way

1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer