> Forums
Reply
1
> Rules > Polemos Rules > Solo Wargaming
TOPIC: Solo Wargaming
PM rsjahn
Standard User
Posts: 185
Solo Wargaming
rsjahn
7th Apr 2016 07:31:19

Hi Jonathan,

i'm using Polemos rules quite often in solo playing, and it works very well vor me - the only thing, that needs a little adjustment, is the tempo-bidding process. Usually i throw a dice for both sides, adding it to my bids. Its still a bit schizophrenic to bid for both sides, but it works.

Cheers, Ralf


PM njt236
Standard User
Posts: 441
Solo Wargaming
njt236
7th Apr 2016 05:42:16

Schizophrenia. that's double the problem is it not


Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

                G S Patton

PM Whirlwind
Standard User
Posts: 500
Solo Wargaming
Whirlwind
7th Apr 2016 06:47:58

Hello Jonathan, I play a lot of solo games of Polemos Napoleonics and I have written about how I adapt the tempo system for solitaire play here

There are lots of battle reports and so on in the blog too if you want to see it in action


PM Whirlwind
Standard User
Posts: 500
Solo Wargaming
Whirlwind
24th Jul 2016 06:47:23

Another solo Polemos Napoleonic battle report, this time featuring French and Russians fighting at Golymin here.


1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer