> Forums
Reply
1
> Rules > Polemos Rules > Polemos ECW and Thirty Years War
TOPIC: Polemos ECW and Thirty Years War
PM gordon@hazeltonmountford.co.uk
Standard User
Posts: 11
Polemos ECW and Thirty Years War
gordon@hazeltonmountford.co.uk
22nd Jun 2017 09:07:52

Just wondered if anyone had tried adapting Polemos ECW for TYW. Just looking at the new WEC figures and fancied building a TYW army but wanted some suitable rules


Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Posts: 1244
Polemos ECW and Thirty Years War
dourpuritan
23rd Jun 2017 06:41:54

I would also be interested in this, as rather than replacing my ECW I like the idea of differently composed TYW armies. I have currently been looking at the Principles of War Renaissance rule book, which has some really interesting lists for the c.1630 period and some very interesting basing conventions.


A little goes a long way

PM peter
Administrator
Posts: 1013
Polemos ECW and Thirty Years War
peter
18th Sep 2017 10:34:13

Ever since we did the first over Polemos ECW set I've been asked to do a TYW variant.   I've always avoided this as I think that this is a project that is best done by someone from the European mainland with better access to sources and a better ability to understand all them forrin lingos.

 

Over the years I've had three individuals start and then give up on the project so it's pretty much been dormant.  However, the recent release of the Baccus WEC figures seems to have rekindled interest amongst gamers and I have been showered with requests and queries about rules for 1618-1648.

 

So...I've decided to give it a go.    I will be letting you lot know how I get on.  All I have at the moment are a few basic ideas on formations and concepts of game play, but as these begin to gel I will probably be looking for input and ultimately some play testing.

 

Anyone interested?

 


I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM Nick the Lemming
Standard User
Posts: 208
Polemos ECW and Thirty Years War
Nick the Lemming
18th Sep 2017 05:26:13

I'd be interested in helping playtest (I've playtested for several other games over the last few years).


PM Andros
Standard User
Posts: 8
Polemos ECW and Thirty Years War
Andros
22nd Sep 2017 01:52:35

That's great! I would love to help somehow!


PM Tonio le Grand
Standard User
Posts: 1
Polemos ECW and Thirty Years War
Tonio le Grand
4th Oct 2017 08:20:43

I'll be glad to help too, and why not go to the War of Holland and the Nine Years War while we're at it? I have plenty of ressources here on the subject and it won't need much tinkering


PM gordon@hazeltonmountford.co.uk
Standard User
Posts: 11
Polemos ECW and Thirty Years War
gordon@hazeltonmountford.co.uk
5th Oct 2017 01:13:27

I'd be up for giving it go however am still painting up my TYW army using the new figures and waiting for rest of range to come out.

 


PM peter
Administrator
Posts: 1013
Polemos ECW and Thirty Years War
peter
9th Oct 2017 11:09:03

Could those of your who are seriously interested in putting some input the development of these rules contact me directly at admin@baccus6mm.com.  

Things are moving ever so slightly.


I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer