Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> Rules > Polemos Rules > Polemos ACW Rules Example
TOPIC: Polemos ACW Rules Example
PM Reformer
Standard User
Polemos ACW Rules Example
Reformer
27th Oct 2017 09:57:38

Could someone please point me to (or create) an example of a complete turn for the ACW Polemos rules?  I'v read both OTC and CoA and it just isn't clicking. Thank you.

PM Glenn Pearce
Standard User
Glenn Pearce
3rd Nov 2017 03:01:30

Hello Reformer!

I'm not aware of an example, there could be one and I just don't know about it. I've also not played the ACW rules. I have played the Napoleonic ones extentsively which they were based on. So I can only offer you some advice. First you need to have the armies or at least some cardboard cut outs to represent the bases.

We had the figures and simply set up a test game with the quick reference sheet and full rule book handy. From there we just plodded along one step at a time and took some notes on any questions that came up and we had plenty. They were all answered and we gradually got the hang of it and loved the rules.

The rules themselves do have a bit of a learning curve as they contain a lot of great stuff and some of which you have probably not seen before.

Hopefully by the time you have some questions Peter Riley will be along to answer them. If not either myself or an actual experienced player will help you out.

Best regards,

Glenn

PM Whirlwind
Standard User
Whirlwind
4th Nov 2017 12:58:53

Hi Reformer,

There is one on the Polemos Yahoo Group - it is a file called "Polemos ACW Spielbericht"

All the best

John

PM Reformer
Standard User
Reformer
7th Nov 2017 12:55:14

I bought the ACW starter set containing both armies and am very impressed with the quality. It is also great to have everything supplied in one purchase (figures, bases, flags, rules etc.)

Glenn, that sounds like a good idea. I'll try and play through a game following the rules, rather than just reading the rules in abstract.

John, thanks I'll check out the Yahoo group.

PM Glenn Pearce
Standard User
Glenn Pearce
15th Nov 2017 01:29:26

Hello Reformer!

Glad to hear your impressed. I was as well 20 years ago and things have gotten even better! I just loved painting the ACW figures, truly a great line.

Best regards,

Glenn

LATEST FORUM POSTS

6mm basing sand issue by Darren redstar
27th Mar 2024

New nomads by peter
27th Mar 2024

Desert nomads where are they? by peter
27th Mar 2024

Desert nomads where are they? by diadochi
27th Mar 2024

Glue by David Kay