> Forums
Reply
1
> Rules > Polemos Rules > - Holding bua
TOPIC: - Holding bua
PM Talbot
Standard User
Posts: 19
- Holding bua
Talbot
15th Nov 2017 01:35:04

- Hello !

- I am trying Napoleonic General de Division;

- Has an Unit holding a Town a Front ? Can it suffer a Flank Attack ? 

- Thanks!


  - Hi Baccus !

- I'm sorry if I bother you but I would like to point out that the forum function Start a New Thread, doesn't work for me. - Can you help me ? - Thanks! - Stefano

PM Whirlwind
Standard User
Posts: 500
- Holding bua
Whirlwind
15th Nov 2017 02:19:58

Yes it can.

Chris put on the Yahoo! Group:

"Yes, a unit in a town could be attacked in the flank. The unit will be facing in a particular direction, even if some of the chaps are keeping a watch out on the flank. They wouldn't necessarily be able to wheel companies to face."

 

What I would suggest is that if you want to have a strong-point like Hougoumont or La Haye Sainte, then don't allow flank attacks on them, but do allow them in normal BUAs.

 


PM Talbot
Standard User
Posts: 19
- Holding bua
Talbot
15th Nov 2017 03:27:31

Thanks Whirlwind !

......and does this rule work for Marechal de Empire too ?

............and I guess that a Unit needs a Redeploy, in order to gain the Effect on Combat in Bua, is it not ? 


  - Hi Baccus !

- I'm sorry if I bother you but I would like to point out that the forum function Start a New Thread, doesn't work for me. - Can you help me ? - Thanks! - Stefano

PM Whirlwind
Standard User
Posts: 500
- Holding bua
Whirlwind
15th Nov 2017 05:01:35

For Marechal de Empire - yes.

I don't think a unit needs to redeploy to gain the effect in BUA (although I think it isn't a bad idea); although units can only move into BUA in columns.

 

 


PM Talbot
Standard User
Posts: 19
- Holding bua
Talbot
18th Nov 2017 11:28:38

- Thank you again, Whirlwind !

- Now I return to play ( solo play, with squares )

 

  - Hi Baccus !

- I'm sorry if I bother you but I would like to point out that the forum function Start a New Thread, doesn't work for me. - Can you help me ? - Thanks! - Stefano

1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer