> Forums
Reply
1
> Rules > Polemos Rules > Ecw rules
TOPIC: Ecw rules
PM Mike Bowen
Standard User
Posts: 5
Ecw rules
Mike Bowen
20th Jun 2018 03:57:24

 

l read a blog where someone said Swedish type units could chose to be Dutch if they wanted to.  I have only had one run through of the rules and did not note that, have I missed it?  Also I was thinking a bigger army looses the effect of leaders say any army of 9 bases has 3 average leaders they get 6 points but if that army had 40 bases they get 5 for the bases plus 6 which sort of seems wrong.  Was that to reflect larger armies loosing command and control.  

 

 

 


PM Whirlwind
Standard User
Posts: 500
Ecw rules
Whirlwind
20th Jun 2018 04:27:14

"l read a blog where someone said Swedish type units could chose to be Dutch if they wanted to." 

Hi - that was me.  What I meant was that as far as I could see in the rules, "Swedish" Horse could fight like "Dutch" Horse if they felt the circumstances warranted it and could choose to simply advance to contact rather than charge in.


PM Mike Bowen
Standard User
Posts: 5
Ecw rules
Mike Bowen
20th Jun 2018 07:45:53

Ah got it thank you. Great blog 

 


PM Whirlwind
Standard User
Posts: 500
Ecw rules
Whirlwind
21st Jun 2018 03:47:03

Thanks very much.

"Also I was thinking a bigger army looses the effect of leaders say any army of 9 bases has 3 average leaders they get 6 points but if that army had 40 bases they get 5 for the bases plus 6 which sort of seems wrong.  Was that to reflect larger armies loosing command and control.  "

Naturally you can organize as you like, but I think the intention is that small armies are only going to have one leader, or maybe two (including the commander), whereas a large army might have four or five (including the commander).

 


1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer