Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> Rules > Polemos Rules > RDG Shaken levels?
TOPIC: RDG Shaken levels?
PM jozistinman
Standard User
RDG Shaken levels?
jozistinman
19th Mar 2017 08:53:24

Quick question, this is my forst foray into actually getting any Polemos rules on the table.

- Are Shaken Levels cumulative?  If a base recieves a shaken result from firing and are fied at again, and get another shaken result, do they then have 2 shaken markers or are they broken?  I see in close combat a second shaken = broken, but not sure for shooting.

- If it is cumulative, do you get a -1 for shooting for being shaken or for each shaken level?

Thanks!

PM Glenn Pearce
Standard User
RDG Shaken levels?
Glenn Pearce
20th Mar 2017 12:26:00

Hello jozistinman!

Yes, whenever and however you receive a second shaken the unit is broken.

Anything else, just ask.

Best regards,

Glenn

PM jozistinman
Standard User
RDG Shaken levels?
jozistinman
20th Mar 2017 01:22:40

Thank you sir!  That cleared up quit a bit, so Rallying is really important and as force commanders burn tempo to rally bases, the whole force slows down.

Just want to check one more interpretation.  For a single base, I can advance or retire, or sidestep, or wheel, but not in combination, correct?  Also wheeling is 1 BW, so essentially 90 degrees, is tht our intention?

Ok, going to give it another go this week, apologies for all of the questions, it is a function of my hurried read through on a kindle, not the quality fo the rules!

PM Glenn Pearce
Standard User
RDG Shaken levels?
Glenn Pearce
20th Mar 2017 02:46:42

Hello jozistinman!

Your very welcome.

Yes rallying is critical to not only success, but just staying alive. As the game progesses the tempo become scarce. Your slowly caught in a pressure cooker on how to use your tempo. If you don't think ahead or see things developing you will always be short of tempo. Sometimes no matter what you do or think you will still be short of tempo. It's all designed to put full pressure on you as a commander to make the best decissions possible with limited resources real or artifical.

An entire force (that is together) or a single base that is alone can advance including wheeling, or retire including wheeling in a single turn, but not both (advance/retire) in the same turn. You can only wheel once during your turn to a maximum of 1BW/60mm. For a single base that will be 90 degrees. If there are more bases in the line it will be less than 90 degrees, i.e. your 60mm maximum. To sidestep consumes an entire turn unless it is part of a redeploy movement. Redeploy movements are fairly liberal. If this is still not clear please let me know.

No problem, Polemos has a number of advance concepts that are not always straight forward to understand. Glad to help you get over any concerns or problems that you encounter.

Best regards,

Glenn

PM jozistinman
Standard User
RDG Shaken levels?
jozistinman
20th Mar 2017 06:09:03

Ok, done monopolizing your time for now.  I have been playing quit a bit of One Hour Wargames and it is taking me a little time to reset my brain. Thanks!

PM Glenn Pearce
Standard User
RDG Shaken levels?
Glenn Pearce
20th Mar 2017 09:07:05

Hello jozis!

No problem, however, I just rememberd that your using different size custom basing. You might find that you will need to make a couple of house rules to make things work out properly. If you need any help in that regard let me know.

Best regards,

Glenn 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

ANTIETAM 6mm by ironass
26th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by jon1066
26th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by ChrisBBB
26th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by dourpuritan
26th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass