Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> Rules > Polemos Rules > First Polemos RdG Game: Battle Report
TOPIC: First Polemos RdG Game: Battle Report
PM brothercrow
Standard User
First Polemos RdG Game: Battle Report
brothercrow
26th May 2017 12:44:00

Ok everyone, as promised, here are the battle report and photographs from our first "proper" Polemos RdG game:

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/battle_reports/2017/02/index.asp

Continental Infantry

Everything went really well, I guess my preparation paid off...! Players all enjoyed it, and picked up the basics very quickly indeed - we were able to get the game to a conclusion in two and a half hours, despite this being the first game.

Believe it or not, we have no further rule questions for the time being......though I may have a couple later in the week when I re-read the rules.

We will be giving it another go next week.

Graeme,
Durham Wargames Group

PM Glenn Pearce
Standard User
Glenn Pearce
26th May 2017 07:09:05

Hello Graeme!

Wow, very impressive. Sounds and looks exactly how it was intended. I sincerly appreciate your comments and your hard work in pulling this off. I also worked very hard to shape the rules to address your concerns so it's very rewarding to hear that everything worked well for you and your mates. You will also discover that the more you play the better your game gets. I see that even in your first game the C-c's discovered that there is another hidden game that takes place just between the two of them.

If not noticed already players will gradually see every game is different and how they are shaped and played depends on how the scenario is designed and how the different commanders execute their game.

Certainly looking forward to your next installment. As well as any other questions that you might have.

Best regards,

Glenn

PM Baggers
Standard User
Baggers
27th May 2017 10:30:02

Oh curses to all this positive feedback. I was remaining steadfast in in my tight focus of ancients, medieval and … err …WWII. Looks like AWI has to join the party!

Seriously though, the RdG thread has been really good ‘community’ stuff; inspirational.

Thanks

PM Glenn Pearce
Standard User
Glenn Pearce
27th May 2017 01:57:47

Hello Baggers!

The AWI line is perhaps a hidden gem. I think the figures are simply outstanding and were a real joy to paint. I couldn't wait to finish them. I painted almost every American regiment there was as most of them are different. The rules took a very long time to produce and the input from a number of talented people just put the iceing on the cake. The positive feedback makes a lot of people very happy and mainly Peters customers which was the goal from the very begining.

Your wonderful comments are very much appreciated and hopefully some day soon you and your friends will be able to have similar experiences.

Best regards,

Glenn

PM Baggers
Standard User
Baggers
29th May 2017 02:57:24

Hi Glenn,

I'm feeding the piggybank for a splurge at Joy of Six! Do you know if there will be any RdG demo or participation at JOS?

Cheers

PM Glenn Pearce
Standard User
Glenn Pearce
29th May 2017 06:22:34

Hello Graeme!

Not to my knowledge. I think there is only a handful of people around the world who already had the armies in place. I'm aware of some who are presently painting up figures like mad and others who are anxious to get their project off the ground as soon as they can get their figures from Baccus and or their painter.

I met a fellow yesterday who had so much fun at a game I put on that he wanted to buy my figures so that his own group could start to play next week! 

I'm sure if you wanted to put on a game of RdG at JOS that Peter would find space for you.

Anyway let me know what you buy.

Best regards,

Glenn

PM brothercrow
Standard User
brothercrow
30th May 2017 09:12:47

It was 'Baggers' who asked the question rather than me. However, I am hoping to get down to Joy of Six myself....

Not sure about this year (as i am gigging the night before with my band up in Newcastle), but I would certainly like to do my Guilford Courthouse game at some point!

All that is left to paint up are:

British - 1 Limber, 17th Dragoons, Tarleton Command Base
Continental - Lee's Legion inc command, 6 Militia bases, 2 Militia Dragoon Bases

....if I could persuade Pete to ship my outstanding order, particularly the British Dragoons, I could still be open to the idea ;-)

Graeme,
Durham Wargames

PM Stenbock
Standard User
Stenbock
30th May 2017 12:44:00

Lovely AAR! Inspiring indeed. Thanks.

Stenbock / Per Broden

Check out my blog with some 6mm diversions - Roll a One

PM Glenn Pearce
Standard User
Glenn Pearce
30th May 2017 02:30:22

Hello Baggers & Graeme!

Sorry for the mix-up fellows, obviously I had a brain freeze. Still I would like to know what Baggers buys. Hold tight Graeme as some fellows here got their orders last week so there is certainly hope for you as well. Also seeing your game at JOS would be fabulous. You know for sure that Baggers would love to see it.

Best regards,

Glenn

PM jozistinman
Standard User
jozistinman
30th May 2017 03:11:47

Just saw this, thanks for sharing, your troops and table looks great!

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Italian Wars by dourpuritan
18th Mar 2024

A book over 6MM minis? by peter
18th Mar 2024

A book over 6MM minis? by ironass
18th Mar 2024

A book over 6MM minis? by peter
18th Mar 2024

Italian Wars by peter
18th Mar 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS