> Forums
Reply
12
> General > BaccStarter > Ottoman Turks 18C
TOPIC: Ottoman Turks 18C
PM peter
Administrator
Posts: 1013
Ottoman Turks 18C
peter
12th Jul 2023 04:27:11

The sculptor is just putting the finishing touches to the last of the new GNW Russians.  Once this is done, then he will be straight on to the Turks.   He works at the pace that he is able to work - there are some things that money can't buy and speedy sculpting to a high standard is one of them!


I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM SKling
Standard User
Posts: 2
Ottoman Turks 18C
SKling
16th Jul 2023 02:02:27

Very good. I see a Battle of Vienna project coming. 


PM peter
Administrator
Posts: 1013
Ottoman Turks 18C
peter
24th Jul 2023 11:22:56

The sculptor who will do the Turksih cavalry is currently engaged in completing the GNW Russians.  Once he gets these done, it is full speed ahead on the Turks.   Good sculptors take their time, but the wait will be worthwhile.

 


I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM peter
Administrator
Posts: 1013
Ottoman Turks 18C
peter
5th Oct 2023 11:24:11

The sculptor is currently working on the Ottoman cavalry and generals.  Not too long now...

 


I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM peter
Administrator
Posts: 1013
Ottoman Turks 18C
peter
21st Nov 2023 12:16:05

The Ottoman cavalry sculpts have arrived with us.  They really are quite nice,,,


I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM I am a spambot
Standard User
Posts: 92
Ottoman Turks 18C
I am a spambot
4th Dec 2023 11:42:02

Appearance ("uniforms") of most of the Ottoman troops didn't change much between the early 18th Century and at least 1820. You did get more firearms for the infantry, and I believe the cavalry gradually reduced their armour. Early or mid-18th Century Ottoman figures will tend to be usable for the late 18th Century bashes between Austria and the Turks, and the Russo-Turkish wars of 1787 to 1792 and 1806 to 1812, for instance. It can be a nice change to have a Napoleonic Wars era game without a French army.


12
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer