Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > The Inevitable Covid update
TOPIC: The Inevitable Covid update
PM peter
Administrator
The Inevitable Covid update
peter
8th Apr 2020 06:39:21

As most of you reading this will be aware the cart is currently closed and we are running a reduced casting operation.   I think that its only fair to let Baccus customers know exactly what is happening.

Firstly, and most importantly, we are still working, albeit on a much slimmed down establishment.   Social distancing and keeping all staff safe means that we can only have one caster working at any one time.   This means that while casting is constant it cannot match our normal output.   Orders are being collated and sent out in batches.  These are going out fortnightly, rather than weekly.

All of this means that things are taking longer to get to customers.  I know that you all understand this, no matter how frustrating it is, so thank you for your patience.

However, we are getting on with things behind the scenes.   Our new release schedule has been completely halted, but this does not mean that the design of masters and patterns has stopped.   At the last count we had over one hundred WW2 vehicles completed and ready to be put into production moulds, while the model maker has been making very productive use of his time at home to forge ahead with more new masters than I can keep count of.

The Pony Wars project is also continuing and I hope to have more news on this front in the next couple of weeks.   Work on new sculpts is moving ahead at a good pace.  Just to prove the point, here are a couple of piccys of some for the settlers that have recently arrived with us.

(Apologies for the poor quality of the images - I am using a camera phone and improvised lighting.)

With regards to our staff, there will be no redundancies and we are continuing to give full support and needed income to the freelancers who do so such regular and important work for us.   They, more than ever need support through this period.

The important thing is that we are all safe and healthy and it is important that we and all of you remain like that until better times.

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

Email LEmpereur PM LEmpereur
Standard User
LEmpereur
9th Apr 2020 06:21:11

Thanks for news peter!

Take care of all of you§

Social distancing is too bad... you can't hear Igor grumbling!

;-)

Don't worry for Our Order, We can wait on Our Metal and Plastic Mountain!

:D :D :D

L'Empereur Béte et Méchant vous invite à visitez : Le Blog : https://lempereurzoom13.blogspot.fr/ & Le Projet 2020 : https://2020batailledeloigny.blogspot.fr/... Cons se le disent!!!

At the top left of each blog, feel free to select your language to translate Her Majesty's Prose!

PM Colin the Wargamer
Standard User
Colin the Wargamer
9th Apr 2020 10:19:54

Dear Peter  Firstly, glad to hear that the Baccus Empire continues, albeit on a slower basis.  

Secondly - I was going to put an order in, I am happy to wait till you are on top of reduced working.  I look forward to the re-opening of the cart.  I guess that there are others in this situation!  It may be time to buy that 40' container's worth of alloy for when you do re-open!

Thirdly, (possibly firstly!? - stay safe and well!)  

Best wishes 

Colin

PM SaigonSaddler
Standard User
SaigonSaddler
10th Apr 2020 05:10:40

Stay safe everyone!

Grotesque font urinator

To infinity, and beyond!

PM True Grit
Standard User
True Grit
12th Apr 2020 09:54:58

Thanks for the update. Glad you are all safe and well, and sounds like you are pursuing the right policies to stay that way.

Very much looking forward to the Pony Wars range, and am spending my enforced lockdown time between gardening, all those DIY jobs that never get done, and creating scenery and painting up all the terrain pieces, houses, wild west buildings I bought at Hammerhead for 6mm Pony Wars.

The settlers look great!

Will you be covering everything that was in the old Pony Wars rule set? (In terms of figures?)

PM pjf
Standard User
pjf
16th Apr 2020 07:55:17

I hope you will be ready for the inevitable rush when the cart opens up,my lead mountain is now a mole hill.

LATEST FORUM POSTS

1066 and all that by dourpuritan
9th May 2024

Macedonian Successor Phalangites by milopea
8th May 2024

1066 and all that by pushing.tin
6th May 2024

Macedonian Successor Phalangites by Rob Thorn
6th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
5th May 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS