Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > Roman Shield Transfers
TOPIC: Roman Shield Transfers
PM korangar
Standard User
Roman Shield Transfers
korangar
21st Sep 2020 09:23:05

I've noticed that for awhile now Roman shield tranfers have not been listed on the Early Imperial Romans page.  Are the shield transfers only temporarily out of stock or have they been discontinued?

PM Swadevildog
Standard User
Roman Shield Transfers
Swadevildog
21st Sep 2020 10:24:09

I am interested in this also. It is possibly driving me to a different figure scale.

PM korangar
Standard User
Roman Shield Transfers
korangar
22nd Sep 2020 09:59:25

Wouldn't drive me to a different scale, but I do need to finish off my 6mm Roman Legions.  I can hand paint a decent enough Roman eagle design if you squint just right, but the transfers are vastly superior.  Anyone know if they will be back in stock?

PM peter
Administrator
Roman Shield Transfers
peter
25th Sep 2020 09:36:55

Our regular supplier has gone out of business.  We are looking at another option which is looking promising, so stay posted for an update on this shortly.

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM lukicpz35t
Standard User
Roman Shield Transfers
lukicpz35t
29th Sep 2020 07:37:07

To me roman shield transfers in this scale are not worth the time and effort. On the opposite, the greek oplon shield transfers are magnificent! I paint some 600+ hoplites, all of them worth the time to apply every single transfer (because of the variety of look you can achieve). Let me try to post some pictures..

PM lukicpz35t
Standard User
Roman Shield Transfers
lukicpz35t
29th Sep 2020 08:27:11

PM lukicpz35t
Standard User
Roman Shield Transfers
lukicpz35t
29th Sep 2020 08:32:36

PM srfaruqui
Standard User
Roman Shield Transfers
srfaruqui
1st Oct 2020 09:18:18

When I returned to this pastime after a lengthy absence my ambition far outstripped my ability (it still does). However, acceptance of the "Three Foot Rule" and the knowledge that most of the people I played with were half-blind BEFORE they started drinking meant that early Imperial Rome shield designs weren't too much of a problem. Celtic shield designs, on the other hand......

TRANSFERS FOR THE BRITS! Surely, at this stage of the Borisocalypse we've earned them.

BikesBrownBeer&ToySoldiers

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Bloody big battles basing by dourpuritan
1st May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
1st May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by jon1066
1st May 2024

Vanquish show 6mm game by Estarriol
1st May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
30th Apr 2024