Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > Ancient Chinese Period
TOPIC: Ancient Chinese Period
PM Steffen1988
Standard User
Ancient Chinese Period
Steffen1988
25th Sep 2020 02:26:37

Hi Folks!

In the past there were metioned plans for Early Chinese Armis. Are you still planing for them?

Would be nice if the Range could be split in following Periods

-Shang

The Shang saw the earliest Period of China with written History, Texts about the Military of this Period is thin. Early in the Period Peasants fighting as Spearmen (which got longer ones later) and Archer were the large Part of Armies, supported by Small Formations of Nobility, armed in the same manner. The later Period saw the introduce of Chariots and with Axes fighing Peasants and Nobility.

-Zhou

Mostly the same like in the Shang Period, professional Soldiers (mostly Archers) apeared the first Time thanks to spread of professional Administration. The Nobility changed to fighting exclusive as Charioteer and most Peasants were fighting with Pike-like long Spears. The End of the period saw the introduce of Cavalry and mounted Archers.

-Qin / Han Warring States Period

Starting of the Iron Age with slow introduce of Iron Weapons. Halberd slowly began to spread as primary Weapon of Peasants and professional Soldiers, replacing Pike-like Spears. Introduce of Heavier Cavalry. Appearing of first Siege Weapons thought the Warring States Period which repleace the "primitive" Siege Tactics of the earlier Periods (mix of starving out and firring burning Arrows). Nobility changed to Cavalry exclusive Warfare. Professionl Soldiers startet to replace Peasants for the most Parts of Military Service.

-Three Kingdoms

Introduce of Cataphract Cavalry. Beginning increase of Peasants in Militray Service again. The Standardization of mostly Equipment is more or lesser completed.

nice regards

Steffen

Email LEmpereur PM LEmpereur
Standard User
Ancient Chinese Period
LEmpereur
25th Sep 2020 04:26:45

Yes could be great !

Thanks for those explanations !

:-)

L'Empereur Béte et Méchant vous invite à visitez : Le Blog : https://lempereurzoom13.blogspot.fr/ & Le Projet 2020 : https://2020batailledeloigny.blogspot.fr/... Cons se le disent!!!

At the top left of each blog, feel free to select your language to translate Her Majesty's Prose!

PM lukicpz35t
Standard User
Ancient Chinese Period
lukicpz35t
29th Sep 2020 07:33:59

I support the idea of an anciet chinese range. I would paint them in a nice intense laquered color. 

PM Le Comte de Froufrou
Standard User
Ancient Chinese Period
Le Comte de Froufrou
18th Oct 2020 02:48:31

One thing that would be needed would be a good pack or two of Chinese peasants with assorted weapons. And similar for Japanese - I don't want to have to clip sashimono off ashigaru to make peasant troops for Ikko Ikki or similar, especially not from Baccus figures. Let's have more peasants!

PM Transmuter
Standard User
Ancient Chinese Period
Transmuter
18th Oct 2020 07:53:47

I would also support a Chinese range! It's a big gap in 6mm miniature ranges - only Irregular has a Chinese line, and it's mainly for later imperial dynasties like the Ming and Qing. I'm particularly interested in Han Dynasty through Sui/Tang Dynasty myself. 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Bloody big battles basing by dourpuritan
1st May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
1st May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by jon1066
1st May 2024

Vanquish show 6mm game by Estarriol
1st May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
30th Apr 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS