Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
12... 9
> General > General > Cart Opens 10.00 1 Nov
TOPIC: Cart Opens 10.00 1 Nov
PM Colin the Wargamer
Standard User
Cart Opens 10.00 1 Nov
Colin the Wargamer
23rd Oct 2020 08:43:52

Opening the Cart in just over a week is very welcome news - thank you to Peter, Linda & the team!  Time to finely craft my next order in the remaining days.....    Cheers  Colin (the Wargamer)

PM peter
Administrator
Cart Opens 10.00 1 Nov
peter
23rd Oct 2020 09:34:51

I was going to give this announcement a thread all of its own, but as Colin has opened the subject, here it is...

As we look to reopening the Baccus cart and are faced with the possibilities of yet another spike in orders, it is appropriate to have a realistic look at waiting times for orders.  It is really important to put these into context. When the cart opened last time, we had a week's worth of orders arriving every 30 minutes. This meant that inevitably an order placed at the end of the process took longer to arrive by a matter of weeks than one placed at the beginning. Short of finding a way to time travel, I can't do much about this - breaking the laws of physics and all that.

We are working to improve on this. Extra kit and an extra pair of hands for a start. However the former will take time to arrive and the latter needs training, We will be giving one caster the job of prioritising small orders - under £50, and these will be handled more quickly than the larger ones which will continue to be cast in strict date order. The aim is to get things back to a normal state of affairs, but it won't happen immediately.

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM I am a spambot
Standard User
Cart Opens 10.00 1 Nov
I am a spambot
24th Oct 2020 05:22:52

Perhaps what we need to help Peter is a competition to see who can do the most eclectic order of a reasonable size.

Whoops, I have just noticed that the cart opens 10am UK time on Sunday.  I will be wargaming  then, and won't be back home to order for another 5 or 6 hours.  I hope that it stays open long enough.

PM rbatch
Standard User
Cart Opens 10.00 1 Nov
rbatch
24th Oct 2020 08:01:14

Its been that long that I had to check back to see what I had ordered (the middle guard, another 2nd line French division and some British cavalry).

Its going to be interesting planning an order that I don't expect to see till late January next year.

PM David Kay
Standard User
Cart Opens 10.00 1 Nov
David Kay
27th Oct 2020 09:06:53

A good general always plans ahead!

Whilst temtped to place a small order, I think I'll hold off till 2021 when things have calmed down a bit (hopefully) and to give Peter and his team a bit of a breather. Plus I have 21 6mm armies already so I have no excuse for not having a battle!

PM Colin the Wargamer
Standard User
Cart Opens 10.00 1 Nov
Colin the Wargamer
27th Oct 2020 10:53:35

Dear Peter - regarding the small order = £50 as mentioned above, is that before or after P&P ?  Just clarifying where the "red line" runs, so I get it right first time!  Many thanks  Colin

PM onyrevient
Standard User
Cart Opens 10.00 1 Nov
onyrevient
27th Oct 2020 11:28:56

Hope cart will be not closed when I wake up as I'm in Canada ...

PM peter
Administrator
Cart Opens 10.00 1 Nov
peter
27th Oct 2020 10:00:20

Under £50 excludes p&p.   Also, some under £50 orders will be easier and quicker to fill than others and we will also prioritise/sort on those grounds.

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM rbatch
Standard User
Cart Opens 10.00 1 Nov
rbatch
28th Oct 2020 10:28:52

David, you mistake me for a good general.

My gaming group has often commented that I seem to go through troops faster than a fat man eating a packet of crisps. And I'm struggling to get an order under 50 quid.

Cheers,

Rhys

PM Colin the Wargamer
Standard User
Cart Opens 10.00 1 Nov
Colin the Wargamer
28th Oct 2020 02:47:10

Dear Peter  Thanks for the clarification on the £50 limit - I had included P&P, so time to see if I can squeeze another pack in....   Cheers  Colin

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by Mort53
2nd May 2024

Bloody big battles basing by ChrisBBB
2nd May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by dourpuritan
2nd May 2024

Bloody big battles basing by jon1066
2nd May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by jon1066
2nd May 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS