Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > The Igor is departing from Baccus
TOPIC: The Igor is departing from Baccus
PM peter
Administrator
The Igor is departing from Baccus
peter
29th Oct 2020 11:49:48

When the faithful Igor comes to you and says, ‘I am not quite feeling mythelf today.’, you know that something is up.  And so it has proved to be.   It is with a great deal of sadness all round that he will be putting his casting ladle down and retiring from his role with us because of continuing health issues.

If you have painted, handled, collected, bought or stashed away any Baccus figures over the last decade and a half, the chances are very likely that they will have been spun, checked and packed by Igor.   His contribution to Baccus behind the scenes over this time has been immense and will be felt for years to come.

With all of this in mind, I hope that you will all join with me in wishing him the very best for the future.  

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

Email LEmpereur PM LEmpereur
Standard User
LEmpereur
29th Oct 2020 11:59:35

Very sad news !

I met Igor during the workshop visit in july 2020 during the Joy of Six and it was a great moment with Baccus team and particulary with Igor!

Remember Igor ... We missed the Pub this year ... but we promised to have a drink together!

Take care!

L'Empereur Béte et Méchant vous invite à visitez : Le Blog : https://lempereurzoom13.blogspot.fr/ & Le Projet 2020 : https://2020batailledeloigny.blogspot.fr/... Cons se le disent!!!

At the top left of each blog, feel free to select your language to translate Her Majesty's Prose!

PM Igor
Standard User
Igor
29th Oct 2020 12:00:30

Yeth, itth true. After 15 years I am leaving with the immense satisfaction that I have helped Baccus become the world leading brand it is today.

Many thanks to Peter, who has gone above and beyond in helping me to cope with my health issues over the last few years.

Thanks also to the myriad customers I have met in that time. The Open Days and Joy Of Six were always particularly satisfying and fun.

I am, of course, still a wargamer and will be around the shows when this pandemic finally ends.

Igor

I therve the marthter.

PM ChrisBBB
Standard User
ChrisBBB
29th Oct 2020 12:06:50

Best wishes, 'Igor', mate.

Chris

PM njt236
Standard User
njt236
29th Oct 2020 12:15:04

All the very best 'Igor' and thank you for all the figures I've receievd over many years. Take care.

Nigel

Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

G S Patton

PM Nick the Lemming
Standard User
Nick the Lemming
29th Oct 2020 01:31:54

All the best Igor, and thanks for the great service and lovely figures you helped make.

PM Tony Wooffitt
Standard User
Tony Wooffitt
29th Oct 2020 01:55:00

Best wishes Igor, stay safe.

Tony

PM Glenn Pearce
Standard User
Glenn Pearce
29th Oct 2020 02:07:16

Igor, I am eternally greatfull to you for the thousands of figures that I now have in my collection. The finished product I got from you was always amazing. You are and always will be an icon in the industry. 

Thanks for looking after me and showing off your talents.

Best regards my friend!

Glenn

PM Baron Clenawly
Standard User
Baron Clenawly
29th Oct 2020 02:36:48

End of an Era.

Best wishes for the future Igor. Take care of yourself.

Here's to a long and happy retirement!

PM stephen290white@btinternet.com
Standard User
stephen290white@btinternet.com
29th Oct 2020 10:23:18

Only discovered the loverlyness of 6mm recently, and it with satisfaction that i have managed to purchase some of Igor's work.

Thank you for your service!

32mm to 6mm, every minature is a little personality

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by Mort53
2nd May 2024

Bloody big battles basing by ChrisBBB
2nd May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by dourpuritan
2nd May 2024

Bloody big battles basing by jon1066
2nd May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by jon1066