Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > Paint your wagon!
TOPIC: Paint your wagon!
PM peter
Administrator
Paint your wagon!
peter
17th Nov 2020 01:09:44

During lockdown and the cart closure we are still developing new lines and products. It’s obvious that current working conditions are working against us in terms of getting new releases out there and available, but it doesn’t stop us trying!

One of our big projects at the moment is, of course, Pony Wars. To this end we have been working on getting lots and lots of the required vehicles; Stagecoach, a War Wagon, Settlers Wagons, Gun runners’ wagon, and even little one horse flatbeds. The video link shows some of our progress to date. They lack some drivers/crew figures, but you won’t be short of wheeled transport when it comes to playing games in the Old West.

https://youtu.be/7NqWOYTqVAE

One really good by-product of this is that we have been able to retire one of our old codes and replace it with a shiny new version. Our old EQU1 wagon had been in the catalogue for the best part of fifteen years, and I will admit was not our finest piece of work, especially as you were required to glue all the wheels on separately. The new EQU1 has integral cast rear wheels and a separate front limber which means that assembly is far simpler and the end-result far stronger. All orders for EQU1 placed since the last cart opening have been supplied with the new model.

We are also pushing ahead with the massive second World War undertaking and making very strong progress. There will be lots of shiny new models coming on stream for early 2021 which will really round out and consolidate the range. Here are a couple of little video tasters…

https://youtu.be/R65787SafU4

https://youtu.be/o-4LPT5FRTE

Add to this a lot of Great War releases to come and there is a lot happening behind the scenes here and you will see the end results in the coming few months.

While we do all this, orders are continuing to be cast and sent out at a frantic rate. We have one caster working full time on getting the small to medium orders done quickly, and this means that we are working out of numerical sequence at the moment. As a result I can’t give the weekly updates on order progress with the same certainty as in previous closure periods. Once we get the smaller orders out of the way, this will all be much clearer and you will get the updates once again.

Take care and stay safe.

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

Email TormaxGP PM TormaxGP
Standard User
Paint your wagon!
TormaxGP
18th Nov 2020 05:22:25

This sounds awsome, but is there any caster working on big orders at all ?

Im just wondering becuase i made both smal and large orders, also is the smal orders done in random or in  the numerical order they was made ?

I also have another queastion , what will happen to the vat. that EU ppl paid on their orders, if you send them out after December 31:st. 

I know Swedish custom will charge both imports fees and vat. Starting January 1:st, if the package comes from UK, and they wont care if vat is allready paid in the UK or that the order was made before brexit.

Best regards Göran

Email LEmpereur PM LEmpereur
Standard User
Paint your wagon!
LEmpereur
18th Nov 2020 09:16:25

Well done, these are really great productions!
And We love this presentation on a turntable ... We ourselves launched into this type of exercise on Our Imperial YouTube Channel!

And We inaugurated Le Manège Impérial with a with a Peter's gift!

:-)

L'Empereur Béte et Méchant vous invite à visitez : Le Blog : https://lempereurzoom13.blogspot.fr/ & Le Projet 2020 : https://2020batailledeloigny.blogspot.fr/... Cons se le disent!!!

At the top left of each blog, feel free to select your language to translate Her Majesty's Prose!

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
Paint your wagon!
ironass
18th Nov 2020 09:39:43

Now... suddenly all my ACW wagons have become "VINTAGE"... LOL

PM pushing.tin
Standard User
Paint your wagon!
pushing.tin
18th Nov 2020 10:27:35

ooh, what Great War stuff is in the pipeline? 

...asking for a friend...

PM Nick the Lemming
Standard User
Paint your wagon!
Nick the Lemming
18th Nov 2020 01:50:37

Another who's interested in the Great War additions. Russian Revolution at last? I suspet not, but we can dream.

PM pushing.tin
Standard User
Paint your wagon!
pushing.tin
18th Nov 2020 03:21:49

GW casualties and limbers in various later war helmets would be nice

PM True Grit
Standard User
Paint your wagon!
True Grit
20th Nov 2020 10:31:25

Love the wagons - great stuff - the stagecoach looks very nice.  All you need now is one of those high sided showmans / snake oil sellers wagons.

PM peter
Administrator
Paint your wagon!
peter
20th Nov 2020 11:07:18

Göran

Some really good questions.  I will do my best with the answers.

but is there any caster working on big orders at all ?

Yes, we have two casters working full time on the larger ones, and the third will join them once the smaller ones are completed.

Im just wondering becuase i made both smal and large orders, also is the smal orders done in random or in  the numerical order they was made ?

We are working through both sections in numerical order.

I also have another queastion , what will happen to the vat. that EU ppl paid on their orders, if you send them out after December 31:st. 

I know Swedish custom will charge both imports fees and vat. Starting January 1:st, if the package comes from UK, and they wont care if vat is allready paid in the UK or that the order was made before brexit.

That is MUCH harder to answer as I have no control over this situation.

If I ship to an EU destination before January 1st I have to charge VAT.   There is no way around this.   The problem therefore lies with orders in transit which straddle that date, and for that I have no easy solution.  As each EU member is a sovereign country, and can make its own policy, there are potentially 26 different sets of arrangements to deal with.  Some, like Sweden, may take a hard line, while others may be more lenient.   

For any EU orders sent out after January 1st I will not charge VAT, and if that has been paid in advance, I will refund that portion of the payment to the customers.   Yes, that's another unnecessary administrative burden, but that is what the future holds for UK businesses.

If you end up with a double payment of VAT, I suspect that it will be a case of taking that up with your VAT office and presenting them with the invoice as evidence.  It will be dated, showing a VAT registration number and list the VAT amount clearly.  

I hope that helps a little bit.

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Paint your wagon!
dourpuritan
22nd Nov 2020 09:31:53

Yep, that sovereignty back baloney was another massive con for which no one has been taken to task. Thank gods I am now in a much saner land. Incidentally, the development of the Western transport options is a terrific boon.

Doei, Andy

A little goes a long way

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
2nd May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by Mort53
2nd May 2024

Bloody big battles basing by ChrisBBB
2nd May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by dourpuritan
2nd May 2024

Bloody big battles basing by jon1066