Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > 'Please don't send multiple orders under £50'
TOPIC: 'Please don't send multiple orders under £50'
PM MattiT
Standard User
'Please don't send multiple orders under £50'
MattiT
18th Feb 2021 05:54:25

With the store opening tomorrow, I figured now would be a good time to ask about this.

• Please don't send multiple orders under £50.

Does this mean that all orders get batched together regardless of whether combined they go up to £50 or not? I'm mainly asking this as due to taxation and customs, it would be smarter for me to order two separate orders of around £20 and have them posted as two separate orders even with having to pay double postage. If this isn't possible I guess I'll just have to suck it up and pay up the extra tax.

PM Glenn Pearce
Standard User
Glenn Pearce
18th Feb 2021 06:08:22

All l'm doing is posting one order under 50 and as soon as that gets shipped l will post another order under 50. Assuming they will be able to turn around the early orders in a reasonable time l have glimmer of hope that the second order won't be delayed too long. Like you l always tried to keep my orders under a certain amount oddly enough it was 50. I also only normally order three or four times a year. 

PM mjy0628
Standard User
mjy0628
18th Feb 2021 07:14:55

I believe the "don't send multiple orders under 50" was to prevent folks from making multiple orders that added up to over the 50 limit.  

PM peter
Administrator
peter
18th Feb 2021 07:27:24

MattiT,

The £50 limit is to enable us to manage the flow of orders when we reopen.   It is rationing, pure and simple.  We are working on just 25% of our potential manufacturing output so we cannot handle large volumes and get orders sent out in a timely fashion.  My advice to you would be to place your first order, wait until you get notification that it is on its way and then place the second.   

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM MattiT
Standard User
MattiT
18th Feb 2021 07:31:42

Sure thing, thanks for the quick reply Peter! Best of luck for the coming onslaught.

PM shredder
Standard User
shredder
19th Feb 2021 02:06:25

I'm really looking to get one of these sets… SPQR - Polemos SPQR Boxed Set

However it comes in at £99, I really don't care how many shipments it comes in, I'll not be able to paint it particularly fast so would like to take advantage of the offer without overloading you.

Thoughts?

Gary

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
dourpuritan
19th Feb 2021 03:18:29

The Boxed sets were discussed a couple of days back.

A little goes a long way

PM peter
Administrator
peter
19th Feb 2021 10:54:49

..and despite all the polite requests, there have been a number of people putting through multiple orders...

I do my best, I really do!

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM peter.mccrone
Standard User
peter.mccrone
20th Feb 2021 06:00:36

All you can do is bang your head against a wall for a while Peter! And put the orders after No 1 to the back of the queue.You have been doing a marvellous job given the constraints of the plague on your small company.

Email LEmpereur PM LEmpereur
Standard User
LEmpereur
20th Feb 2021 08:16:40

Peter puts these orders at the back of the queue ... including # 1!

:-)

L'Empereur Béte et Méchant vous invite à visitez : Le Blog : https://lempereurzoom13.blogspot.fr/ & Le Projet 2020 : https://2020batailledeloigny.blogspot.fr/... Cons se le disent!!!

At the top left of each blog, feel free to select your language to translate Her Majesty's Prose!

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
29th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by MattiT
29th Apr 2024

Price rise and the Golden Ticket by peter
29th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by peter
29th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by njt236
28th Apr 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS