Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > UK Postal Strikes
TOPIC: UK Postal Strikes
Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
UK Postal Strikes
dourpuritan
10th Dec 2022 09:59:18

I have made no secret of the fact that I moved to the Netherlands (before the drawbridge was raised) because I had become thoroughly disillusioned with the way that Britain is organised; the attitudes of a sizeable proportion of the population, and the grinding dominance of the wealthy over everybody else. Consequently, despite the fact that the postal strike is a nuisance, the posties have my full support, as do other workers in the service and public sector industries over there, in trying to redress the balance and make a decent life for themselves and their families, in the face of a government and press that is determined to crush basic rights and living standards.

A little goes a long way

PM peter
Administrator
UK Postal Strikes
peter
13th Dec 2022 10:09:03

I am sure that it will come as no surprise to anyone that knows me, that I fully support Dourpuritan's words.

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM levs
Standard User
UK Postal Strikes
levs
18th Dec 2022 12:08:33

I'm just wondering if anyone here has even gotten any orders from the past 2 weeks, it's been about 12 days for me and there's it's been an absolute no show.

PM Brad1971
Standard User
UK Postal Strikes
Brad1971
21st Dec 2022 11:07:19

I have gotten about half the orders that are said to be posted.  I dont blame Peter one bit.  Its the world right now.  I am sure they will all turn up eventually.   

PM peter
Administrator
UK Postal Strikes
peter
22nd Dec 2022 10:17:35

The UK postal system is currently under massive stress.  The combination of the usual seasonal demand plus the rolling strikes has created huge backlogs, and these are not being cleared before another strike day.  As a result, deliveries from everyone, not just makes or little men, are being substantially delayed.  Thus far all the orders are getting through, but many remain in the system.  I cannot affect this, and there is no 'Mail Hotlne' where I can get on the phone and chase up a parcel's whereabouts.  All I can ask is for patience - you little men WILL arrive, and any truely 'lost' orders will be replaced.

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM Brad1971
Standard User
UK Postal Strikes
Brad1971
22nd Dec 2022 05:09:23

I feel sorry for Merchants.   Pandemics, and strikes, increased costs of materials and war is effecting many as well.   Hopefully they get a break sooner than later!   I imagine dealing with customers can be bad enough in the best of times!

PM Brad1971
Standard User
UK Postal Strikes
Brad1971
11th Jan 2023 01:44:34

Well I will give it a month and see what actually shows up in the mail.  That postal chaos going on over there is serious!  I hope people are getting theyre medicine and important papers in the mail.   I am holding off on ordering anything until the postal situation clears up.

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
UK Postal Strikes
dourpuritan
11th Jan 2023 09:58:45

I hope the British government is getting the message that if they insist on railroading public service workers then this is what they can expect. 

A little goes a long way

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Bloody big battles basing by dourpuritan
1st May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
1st May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by jon1066
1st May 2024

Vanquish show 6mm game by Estarriol
1st May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
30th Apr 2024