Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
12... 5
> General > General > Whats everybody working on?
TOPIC: Whats everybody working on?
PM Brad1971
Standard User
Whats everybody working on?
Brad1971
11th Dec 2022 03:55:23

Hello

I am painting up Confederate and Union troops at the moment with a SYW Austrian army on the back burner.  I ordered a Confederate, a Union and an Austrian army painted all baccus from a guy.   Then I ordered a bunch of troops to paint myself after seeing how the guy does it.   Makes it easier for me as I tend to get too control freaky perfectionist about things that I am not capable of haha.   But yep ACW and SYW are what I am working on in the hopes of running a 6mm SYW game at the SYW convention in 2024 the way I paint lol

But I just received from Baccus the SPQR Rules and I must say that that has me thinking ancient armies......Plus Pony wars.  I am already 51 so I need to speed up or I will be dead before I get to play anything!

So what are you all working on and what do you have on the burner as well ?

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
dourpuritan
11th Dec 2022 10:40:49

Currently on the burner are Pony Wars and an early Roman Republican army. However, I am now looking at LWTV's 1066 campaign, and I like their ideas very much, so that is going to be my first 6mm project in 2023. Also waiting to take off is the 1859 Franco-Austrian War and the 1866 Seven Weeks War.

A little goes a long way

PM chopperboydan
Standard User
chopperboydan
11th Dec 2022 02:07:14

Too many things! Trying to finish off the Mexicans for my Alamo Project. Completing the final 3 ships of Williams invasion fleet. Just finished sourcing all the figures for the Hastings Project to start when the Alamo is done. Waiting for the Tripods so I can finish my War of the Worlds Project. Working out just what troops I need for the 1651 Battle of Worcester Project. Prepping up the British forces needed for my next Anglo-Zulu War Project battle.......

USUTHU!

PM Berggeit
Standard User
Berggeit
11th Dec 2022 06:54:20

Like Dourpuritan, I got inspired by the Little Wars TV 1066 series as well. I have been meaning to start with 6mm but need to consider my budget and space. They fully convinced me that even with 25mm bases on a 2x2f board provide a great experience. Took some debating on which period I was going to settle. 13th-century medieval (County of Holland and Prince-Bishopric of Utrecht), the Boshin War 1868-1869 or the Genpei War 1180-1185.

The last one won out. Going to use the Ravenfeast (probably should dub it "Crabfeast") as rules, and just finished the unit stats.

The actual project will start in February or March, however.

Ironass, lovely figures. Happened to have had a lecture on the Little Bighorn as a case study for Conflict Archaeology two weeks ago. (Alongside the Battle of Lutzen (1632) and the Battle of the Grebbeberg (1940)).

PM hwiccee
Standard User
hwiccee
12th Dec 2022 10:52:29

I am finishing off my TYW era 'Western' army - a generic army which can be used for most armies in the era to circa 1660.

I plan to add 'Eastern' unit types next year so I can do the wars between Poland, Sweden,Russia, the Ottomans, the Cossacks and the Tatars. This is going to involve a lot of proxies and modifying figures.

PM Whirlwind
Standard User
Whirlwind
12th Dec 2022 12:12:51

Hmm - some WW2 bits and pieces (Soviet anti-tank guns, engineers, infantry; US anti-tank guns, a few more British tanks) and some additional Hungarian Light Horse for the Thirty Years' War, since I am planning on doing masses of TYW next year (loads of refights and a full campaign).

PM DR650s
Standard User
DR650s
12th Dec 2022 12:55:29

Trying to finish off my WW2 British and German for OGroup.

British are mainly complete, germans have a long way to go yet.

PM DuncanWB
Standard User
DuncanWB
12th Dec 2022 06:49:16

Currently working on a mass of scenics and some ancients - Sertorian/Spanish and Median, plus putting finishing touches to Assyrian/Babylonian and Classical Indians, having recently finished off the Gauls, Carthaginians and Seleucids this year. In the pipeline for 2023 are broadening out the existing ancient armies (including, very reluctantly, some Romans I suppose) and Pony Wars (much more fun!).

I'm now in my 50s and not being such a quick painter I'm having to keep my ambitions in check. I keep being tempted when painted armies come up on ebay, but when am I going to have the chance to personalise them, let alone play with them?

Altera Restat

PM steve_holmes_11
Standard User
steve_holmes_11
12th Dec 2022 07:14:48

Spent most of 2022 painting nine armies for an Irregular Wars campaign.

I've played a few games, and enjoyed them. The campaign ought to generate a bit of variety in battles.

PM Whirlwind
Standard User
Whirlwind
13th Dec 2022 09:55:38

What is 'Irregular Wars'?

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
1st May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by jon1066
1st May 2024

Vanquish show 6mm game by Estarriol