Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > Alma/Inkerman
TOPIC: Alma/Inkerman
Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
Alma/Inkerman
ironass
31st May 2023 01:43:14

A month later (You need to read INCORRECT ADDRESS Post in this General Forum to do not repeat myself)... THE CRIMEAN ALMA/INKERMAN Project is ON. A hundred days later (You all know what Napoleon could do with a Hundred Days) the "lost Baccus parcel with proxies" arrived home. Battered, dirty and with a wrong address (Incomplete) BUT with the French Imperial Guard Grenadiers Skirmishing that were a breeze to convert to Guardsmen for the Crimea... so hold on to your hats... maybe by the end of this year between Robert Jackson (Greg) and yours truly we will have built the remaining Infantry and Artillery (ALL NAPOLEONIC PROXIES from BACCUS). Huzzah!

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
Alma/Inkerman
ironass
6th Jun 2023 07:10:56

So, to cut a long story short... here we go! (scratching with a cutter some too French detail in the bearskins... out with the sabre-briquet... and out with the bayonets... also had to streamline the "cuckoo" (French Eagle to you) ... ready to paint!... It has been ages since I tried my hand to Infantry in 6MM... but I am stubborn... oh yes I am...

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Alma/Inkerman
dourpuritan
6th Jun 2023 08:44:16

I shall be very interested to see how this unfolds. I remember that you did a marvellous job with the Charge of the Light Brigade.

A little goes a long way

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
Alma/Inkerman
ironass
22nd Jun 2023 06:22:15

Nearly there...    

Standard User
Alma/Inkerman
dourpuritan
22nd Jun 2023 06:24:49

They seem to be coming out well.

A little goes a long way

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
Alma/Inkerman
ironass
22nd Jun 2023 06:27:03

Thank you dourpuritan!... Waiting for the Pendraken MDF 2MM stands... and some detail work... but quite satisfied... not the best of painters... but stubborn... LOL

PM Brad1971
Standard User
Alma/Inkerman
Brad1971
23rd Jun 2023 09:22:13

I appreciate everybody who has an opinion and favorite battle/period.  Baccus is always creating new sculpts so I imagine its just a matter of time as to when he will have all bases covered.  But I would think it will probably take a few years yet!    

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
Alma/Inkerman
ironass
9th Jul 2023 05:34:39

The Full Brigade lacks still a couple of standard bearers currently on the post. Mounted officers (proxies of course) in the works. Hopefully next pics will show the based, flocked and varnished. Those pics are simply to certify that the thing is feasable... Peter was right... proxies was the thing to do! Cheers

Standard User
Alma/Inkerman
dourpuritan
10th Jul 2023 07:36:15

Nice to see you are happy with your progress. Looking forward to seeing the completion.

A little goes a long way

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
Alma/Inkerman
ironass
10th Aug 2023 09:12:44

50 days later the Pendraken parcel arrived... and now the Scot Fusiliers are glued on... no flags yet... have to do the texture in the stands... and that will be it!... stubborness sometimes pay off. One thing I can tell you now for sure is that Baccus has all the proxies you need to do the British in the Crimea... so much for the French Allies... and not doing the Russians at all... but I guess they can be done too.

LATEST FORUM POSTS

1066 and all that by dourpuritan
9th May 2024

Macedonian Successor Phalangites by milopea
8th May 2024

1066 and all that by pushing.tin
6th May 2024

Macedonian Successor Phalangites by Rob Thorn
6th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
5th May 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS