Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > The Army of Northern Virginia
TOPIC: The Army of Northern Virginia
Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
The Army of Northern Virginia
ironass
29th May 2023 05:38:08

They are all Baccus but for a Rapier Cavalry Brigade.

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
ironass
2nd Jun 2023 01:49:38

Somehow I restrict myslef a lot to the period 1862-1863 were there was a certain contest between quality and quantity... IMHO the South never could substitue their casualties on an attrition war... this is why at the end of the war the Union had 80.000 cavalrymen ALONE... so he had more cavalrymen that the whole Confederate Army!

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
ironass
3rd Jun 2023 10:39:09

I have always loved this ACW period because the novels and films I read and saw when young... it is somehow overexposed in the media. In 25mm my main interest was Napoleonics BUT I had also a big Union Army... my brother having built the Confederates... LOL                                               As BACCUS is concerned I think they are one of their bests ranges in quantity and quality... but also very easy to complement exchanging armies Yankees/Rebs DO for both sides... and do not forget the kepi clad French of the Franco-Prussian War... Zouaves etc. Maybe more close ups will be added in the future. Cheers                                                                                           The Louisiana Zouaves (Tigers) I use as an avatar in this Forum.

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
dourpuritan
3rd Jun 2023 03:31:50

Nice to see the opposition. Lovely work.

A little goes a long way

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
ironass
20th Jul 2023 06:49:07

When I wrongly thought it was finished!,,, LOL (It kept growing more or less under control!)

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
dourpuritan
20th Jul 2023 07:58:17

Looks spectacular on parade.

A little goes a long way

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
ironass
5th Aug 2023 07:04:01

Of course Greg additions are for both sides as ever...

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
ironass
13th Apr 2024 06:49:18

As a dutiful reflection Confederate Corps were larger but by 1863 Regiments were smaller... even if they replenished the ranks... on the contrary the Union Regiments who lacked numbers tended to be amalgamated or dissapeared from the rol and soldiers assigned to other units... a thing to reflect upon when basing minis as "brigades".

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
ironass
17th Apr 2024 05:29:27

1st pic: 4 Brigades (Second line does not have skirmishers forward, 3 small Regiments on the front Brigades; second line flanks refused.

2nd pic: More heterodox basing of minis.

3rd pic: Two brigades with 2 Regiments each.

4rth pic: Other variants: Front left VMI (a la HORSE SOLDIERS), front right 2 different size regiments, the one on the extreme right is different.Second line: Brigade of 3 regiments on the left, Brigade charging on the right (Can also be used for routed troops)

Four pics where you can see "Brigades" done in a heterodox way. Not that is special merit in thinking like this... I am sure others have done it too. But an image is better than a thousand words. Please add your comments. Minis all Baccus painted by Robert Jackson and Leven buildings painted by Daniel Hodgson. Flags added by me and a bit of paint here and there... Cheers.

LATEST FORUM POSTS

ANTIETAM 6mm by ironass
26th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by jon1066
26th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by ChrisBBB
26th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by dourpuritan
26th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
25th Apr 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS