Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > Joy of Six 2023 - Many thanks
TOPIC: Joy of Six 2023 - Many thanks
PM peter
Administrator
Joy of Six 2023 - Many thanks
peter
3rd Jul 2023 01:14:09

This is just a quick note of thanks to all who made this year's JOS a massive success.   I am sure that the internet will soon be awash with photos and videos, so I will let others tell the story of the day for the moment.

What I would like to do is to thank all those who staged some jaw-droppingly awesome games - to single any one out would be both divisive and unfair.  Large or small, the quality and enthusiasm behind them were first class.

I would like to thank the traders for putting their faith in the show, taking the considerable time and expense to prepare stock and get to the show.  They all help make JOS the Mecca for the 6mm community that it has become.

Of course, I definitely need to thank those of you who made the journey to Sheffield to just visit, look around and play the game.   The numbers attending increase year on year and we now regularly attract an international audience.

I really do need to thank the small but enthusiastic band of Yellowshirts.   These guys are all volunteers and without them to help out we could not possibly stage the show that it has become.    They are there early in the morning helping the games and traders to unload and get in place, and there at the end to help them all pack up.

Finally, I'd like to acknowledge the key role played by my wife, Lindy.  She has spent the last month sorting out ever-shifting floor plans and rotas, was there on the day before the show helping set the tables out and was pivotal on the day itself organising the floor and sorting out the mishaps.

JOS is a perfect example of co-operative and good-natured teamwork by lots of groups and individuals.  That is what makes it the wonderful event that it has become.  Well done all!

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM Berggeit
Standard User
Berggeit
3rd Jul 2023 05:57:42

Great to hear. Looking forward to the blogs and vlogs. Regrettably I couldn't attend this year but I hope to visit next one!

PM Wg Cdr Luddite
Standard User
Wg Cdr Luddite
5th Jul 2023 08:24:51

I overheard a bloke musing whether JoS could be the largest number of wargame figures in one place at one time.

Think about it; space for one 28 mm vs. twenty 6mm? He could be right !

PM peter
Administrator
peter
6th Jul 2023 09:59:29

Now that's a great question.   The largest number of games at a 'normal' show is Hammerhead, with around 100 gaming tables.   Given that they are all participation, I'd suggest that a large proportion of those will be skirmish games with a low figure density.

Time for some guesstimated maths?

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM Colin the Wargamer
Standard User
Colin the Wargamer
7th Jul 2023 07:45:41

Congratulations Peter on JoS - glad to see that a number of Bash Day IV attendees did the sensible thing and came south from Leeds on the Sunday.  Cheers  Colin

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
dourpuritan
8th Jul 2023 07:48:04

Good to hear it was a great success, and I regret not being able to go before I left the UK. Consequently I will most likely have to experience it in the future through various rerports on the web and in WSS, which is the only mag I subscribe to these days.

A little goes a long way

PM UlyssesSockdrawer
Standard User
UlyssesSockdrawer
11th Jul 2023 09:31:00

Went to JoS for the first time this year - was a great trip out to see the show, and lots of very good tables. Came away with some good finds too from some of the traders. Will definitely be back next year!

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
2nd May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by Mort53
2nd May 2024

Bloody big battles basing by ChrisBBB
2nd May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by dourpuritan
2nd May 2024

Bloody big battles basing by jon1066
2nd May 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS