Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > Sherden resculpt
TOPIC: Sherden resculpt
PM DBS
Standard User
Sherden resculpt
DBS
31st Jul 2023 09:31:06

Peter

I wondered whether you have given thought to commissioning a resculpt of the Sherden?  Whilst the rest of the Egyptian range holds up pretty well, and you did some lovely new sculpts of the Sea Peoples a few years ago, the poor old Sherden really show their age.  Furthermore, even your friendly competitors do not do Sherden, as opposed to Sea Peoples with the reed cap usually associated with the Peleset.

I realise that they are perhaps a tad niche, but given you are now offering Army packs of the Egyptians...

David

PM peter
Administrator
Sherden resculpt
peter
3rd Aug 2023 07:32:17

No promises, but I am looking at bits and pieces sculpts/resculpts around the period ranges as we start to produce more armies for the chariot era.

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM DBS
Standard User
Sherden resculpt
DBS
3rd Aug 2023 10:00:48

I would never expect a promise :)

The other thing you might wish to consider is the loss, when you rescuplted the Hittites, of the very nice, incredibly versatile, Zagros, etc, highlanders.  The point was that they were simple figures - tunic, helmet, round shield - and thus almost infinitely flexible, esp for that early period.  Yes, there are other chaps such as the Armenians in the Persian range, but they are rather overdressed by comparison, and whilst quite flexible, not to the same degree.

Thanks anyway!

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
2nd May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by Mort53
2nd May 2024

Bloody big battles basing by ChrisBBB
2nd May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by dourpuritan
2nd May 2024

Bloody big battles basing by jon1066
2nd May 2024