Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > A book over 6MM minis?
TOPIC: A book over 6MM minis?
Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
A book over 6MM minis?
ironass
7th Feb 2024 03:38:29

Count me in!... Meaning I want a copy of it ASAP, if a signed copy the better (think about it Peter!... and If you ever need that special pic of a special matter I will be happy to oblige (with my modest means). Hereby I give you whole permission and authorization to use any pic or piece of text produced by yours truly without any reservation! Wish you luck with that project!

Best Regards

Alejo

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
A book over 6MM minis?
ironass
7th Feb 2024 08:53:54

Probably should have said "about 6MM"... sorry about that!

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
A book over 6MM minis?
dourpuritan
9th Feb 2024 11:41:08

No probs for me; over means about in Dutch.

A little goes a long way

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
A book over 6MM minis?
ironass
18th Feb 2024 07:01:21

I imagine the book Peter is working on is not the ACW Companion (which I have ordered today of course!)... meaning I have always thought it would be much quite generic... and a future classic on the subject! So... Peter just keep us posted!

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
A book over 6MM minis?
ironass
25th Feb 2024 06:51:52

I am somewhat monopolizing the entries but... having both Polemos and Altar of Freedom sets of rules my only excuse to have bought the ACW Companion is because I can not resist eye candy pics AND love Peter productions so far... so there you have it... while waiting "THY BOOK" about 6MM... the best thing to  domeanwhile... LOL

PM SteveAshy
Standard User
A book over 6MM minis?
SteveAshy
5th Mar 2024 06:56:35

This has just popped onto my radar - https://www.helion.co.uk/military-history-books/joy-of-six-a-guide-to-wargaming-in-6mm.php?sid=6f16a43ce6bdfe3530e6d8a7c236d6ef

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
A book over 6MM minis?
ironass
5th Mar 2024 07:15:14

Thank you Mr. Ashy!... on my wishlist already!... very good radar!

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
A book over 6MM minis?
ironass
6th Mar 2024 08:44:00

Cheers!  "THE JOY OF SIX"... published by Helion Wargames Company  on 30th December (updated at least in amazon.co.uk)... wish to get it sooner... and a signed copy preferably... LOL... c'mon Peter put it on the Catalogue... WE want it ASAP!... really a must add to my library.... a recommendation is to  proofread better than the ACW Companion (which is great but has printing strange fails ... even in the cover!)

PM far4ngn
Standard User
A book over 6MM minis?
far4ngn
17th Mar 2024 08:00:00

I'm waiting for this to drop too :)

PM peter
Administrator
A book over 6MM minis?
peter
18th Mar 2024 10:05:06

I am still working away on the draft.  The difficulty is decent photos to accompany the text.   I could fill the book with images from the Baccus range, but that wouldn't a) win me friends with people who use other 6mm figures, b) look as if I am trying to do a 'Games Workshop' on 6mm wargaming (which I am not) and c) do a dis-service to the other companies working in the sector.

The problem is that I am relying on gamer input on images and all too often these are out of focus, badly composed and too low resolution.    Such images are fine for posting on the internet, but soon become awful when put into print medium.  

It also doesn't help when three of the featured 6mm suppliers featured in the text announce they are closing with two months of each other!

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

LATEST FORUM POSTS

ANTIETAM 6mm by ironass
26th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by jon1066
26th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by ChrisBBB
26th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by dourpuritan
26th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
25th Apr 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS