Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > New nomads
TOPIC: New nomads
PM DBS
Standard User
New nomads
DBS
16th Mar 2024 08:27:58

They look splendid, and I will certainly be whacking in an order as soon as you have them ready!

PM David Kay
Standard User
New nomads
David Kay
21st Mar 2024 08:54:22

Yes, I'll probably get some too. There is a shortage of camel models across the 6mm manufacturers.

I hope one can be "converted" to represent Zenobia of Palmyra.

PM diadochi
Standard User
New nomads
diadochi
21st Mar 2024 09:55:05

Looking forward to getting some of these to fight for and against my Macedonian Successor armies.

PM DuncanWB
Standard User
New nomads
DuncanWB
22nd Mar 2024 09:32:52

They look fabulous! expect an order from me.

Altera Restat

PM peter
Administrator
New nomads
peter
27th Mar 2024 12:37:41

They will be made available to order for collection at Salute in the next week or so, and on general release immediately after.

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM David Kay
Standard User
New nomads
David Kay
29th Mar 2024 01:03:37

Looking more closely at the latest photograph of camel riders, they appear to be "two-seater" models. Are there going to be any "single-seaters" in the range?

I know in the very early days the Persians did raise a corps of double-mounted camels, perhaps base on something practised elsewhere, but by the 1st century BCE camelry appears to be single-seater (according to my reference books).

PS. although having just written this, one of the photos in an earlier post do appear to be single-seaters. Guess I should be patient and wait till they come on general release!

PM DBS
Standard User
New nomads
DBS
29th Mar 2024 09:55:24

The two man camels are known from Assyrian reliefs (Ashurbanipal IIRC).  It is sometimes posited that this, accurately or otherwise, reflects a shortage of mounts amongst the nomads after the Great King's punitive actions, or simply doubling up out of desperation to escape the beastly Assyrians.

LATEST FORUM POSTS

ANTIETAM 6mm by ironass
26th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by jon1066
26th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by ChrisBBB
26th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by dourpuritan
26th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
25th Apr 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS