Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > Advanced Squad Leader
TOPIC: Advanced Squad Leader
PM Roughage
Standard User
Advanced Squad Leader
Roughage
14th Dec 2015 10:51:02

Why bother, Captain Darling? Why bother? Because it's there. That's why. :) If you like the rules and want to try something different, then why not? After all, figures are just deluxe counters, regardless of the emotional value with which we endow them.

I've not tried Lock 'n' Load but I have played ASL for years and enjoyed it. I find that it is a simple system at its core, and the volumes of rules cover circumstances that are only used occasionally encountered, such as playing a night scenario. It is easy enough to check the additional specific rules for that night amphibious assault in heavy snowfall when you know you are going to play that scenario.

For WW2 figure gaming my preferred system is Command Decision. I bought into the newest edition (Command Decision: Test of Battle) a few years ago and have not looked back. It's a great system that I really enjoy. I have BKC but have not played it, although I have an idea of how it plays from playing FWC which I enjoy occasionally.

'A stitch in time saves precious bodily fluids'

PM monk2002uk
Standard User
Advanced Squad Leader
monk2002uk
18th Dec 2015 12:27:27

ASL produced a series of much larger boards, with bigger hexes. I have several of them. They work well with 6mm figures, getting around the stacking issue.

Robert

LATEST FORUM POSTS

1066 and all that by pushing.tin
6th May 2024

Macedonian Successor Phalangites by Rob Thorn
6th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
5th May 2024

ANTIETAM 6mm by horrorninja29@yahoo.co.uk
5th May 2024

Macedonian Successor Phalangites by Rob Thorn
4th May 2024