Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > Proxies and Alternatives > Italians for 1487 Battle
TOPIC: Italians for 1487 Battle
PM canis
Standard User
Italians for 1487 Battle
canis
1st Aug 2023 11:51:39

Hello, 
I am quite new to the hobby, and I would like to start with a 6mm project regarding a battle fought near my hometown, i.e., the "Battle of Crevola" fought between Swiss and Duchy of Milan in 1487.  
However, I am not sure how to implement Milanese infantry. In that battle, Milanese infantry consists of "Provvisionati", i.e., professional civic soldiers equipped with a barbuta helmet, a rotella shield, and a polearm (spear/partisan/bill/roncone), and wearing the typically Italian tight pants.  

I tried to upload a picture, but I failed miserably, lol

Do you have any suggestion for this kind of infantry?

Thank you and best regards

Marcello

PM Captain Brockman
Standard User
Italians for 1487 Battle
Captain Brockman
2nd Aug 2023 03:31:08

are they like these  ?    I would guess maybe Wars of the roses WOR07 and WOR08 ??    

Valar Morghulis

PM canis
Standard User
Italians for 1487 Battle
canis
2nd Aug 2023 07:00:18

Hi Captain Brockman, thank you very much for the suggestion!

Unfortunately, WOR07 and/or WOR08 were both candidates to represents the Swiss army, mainly composed of pikemens fighting in blocks. Maybe for Italian infantry I could use WOR07, trimming the pikes to a shorter extent, and gluing some small round disks to represent the round shileds... 

In any case, a link with a picture of the infantry I would like to implement is the following one: 

http://www.medievaldesign.com/restricted/immagini/1grande_2712.jpg

PS: is there any tutorial which explains how to attach pictures? thanks!

PM peter
Administrator
Italians for 1487 Battle
peter
2nd Aug 2023 10:10:58

Hi Canis (and anyone else wondering),

To add a picture just click the picture icon above (the square with the peaks and dot).   There is field for the image link.  Just pop it in there and adjust the size of the image - the above one is 400 wide.

It really is that easy.

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM canis
Standard User
Italians for 1487 Battle
canis
2nd Aug 2023 11:39:18

Thanks Peter. 

Since I cannot view any image in my last post, but rather only a white rectangle with a "broken image" icon, I think that the problem is on my side...

PM Berggeit
Standard User
Italians for 1487 Battle
Berggeit
2nd Aug 2023 01:03:38

I don't see it either but when I open the picture in another tab, its alright. Could be the browser (I use Vivalid, Chrome based). 

I think the suggestion of Brockman is the best option for you. You could cut down the pikes to transform them into spears. Peter did announch that they are going to do a Italian Wars/Renessaince range, but that's from what I have heard focussed mainly on Landsknecht and Gendarmes. Wouldn't mind seeing a couple units added to the late Medieval range, including these. 

PM canis
Standard User
Italians for 1487 Battle
canis
2nd Aug 2023 02:01:56

Berggeit, you are right, if I use Firefox instead of Chrome, I can see the picture!

Regarding the Italian Wars, can't wait to see the new range. 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
29th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by MattiT
29th Apr 2024

Price rise and the Golden Ticket by peter
29th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by peter
29th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by njt236
28th Apr 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS