Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > Website Queries > £50 order - What you gonna get?
TOPIC: £50 order - What you gonna get?
PM lukicpz35t
Standard User
£50 order - What you gonna get?
lukicpz35t
12th Feb 2021 01:12:45

Let's brighten up the tone. I'm curious to know how you people plan to spend your £50.

In 2020 I painted mostly TYW and Napoleonics. I'll post some pics sooner or later (I want to complete some Austrian dragoons first).

I'll use my £50 to buy some Napoleonic Spanish. 

Infantry with hat, some with bicorne, grenadiers and flags.

I already have plenty of French, I'm almost done painting a couple of Portoguese Regiments, and have a pile of British to go. By June I should have plenty to figh the Peninsula War.

PM hanlonct
Standard User
hanlonct
12th Feb 2021 01:51:13

I would love to get that Early Imperial Rome Hail Caesar Starter Set.  Sadly it is just a tad over the order limit!  I think instead I will get the polemos starter pack and just try and base them according the Hail Caesar recommendations to get started!

PM gsayhi
Standard User
gsayhi
12th Feb 2021 06:00:16

I plan to get my first bundle of WSS figures. I'm thinking battalion guns, cuirassiers, and generals to start.

PM gsayhi
Standard User
gsayhi
12th Feb 2021 06:01:43

On a happier note, 50 GBP transfers to $69.23 USD. :D

PM Random3D
Standard User
Random3D
12th Feb 2021 09:49:14

I'm building all the units present at Quatre Bras (and some extras).

Pre-Covid, I acquired some French and most of the British (and Brunswickers),

So my next order will be British Guards, and Dutch-Belgian and Nassau infantry and artillery (and filling some of the French cavalry gaps).

Actually, the £50 limit is a good thing - it will encourage me to not overorder and paint in manageable quantities.

PM Ian Bailey
Standard User
Ian Bailey
12th Feb 2021 10:18:02

Am just starting in 6mm (all my gaming till now has been solidly 25/28mm!) and am torn between Franco Prussian War and Napoleonics. It'll be whichever one I get the impulse for when the shop reopens! 

PM mjy0628
Standard User
mjy0628
12th Feb 2021 10:29:48

I am actually new to the hobby so pretty excited that they are finally opening up the cart soon.

Looking to start out with a Union ACW army and a few packs of Union infantry.  Hopefully, they can process the smaller order fast and I can follow up with the same order for the confederate side and actually be able to use them.  :)

PM MattiT
Standard User
MattiT
13th Feb 2021 08:33:25

I'm getting some generic 18th century troops to bolster up my GNW armies. The combination of max £50 order and trying to avoid customs and taxation makes building up my order a bit of a strange game, I'm probably going to end up making two or three separate orders at around £16 as paying extra postage for each is going to end up less expensive then getting a £40ish package get picked up by customs. 

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
dourpuritan
13th Feb 2021 09:02:59

Looks to me like I shall be going for Pony Wars stuff.

A little goes a long way

PM I am a spambot
Standard User
I am a spambot
20th Feb 2021 07:11:49

Just a bit of army maintenance for me.  Bizarely enough, what I want most urgently is some more ACW flags.  I also want some Nizam-i Cedit infantry for when I want to use my Mameluke/Ottoman Napoleonic army against a British invasion  of Egypt.  (Napoleon didn't come up against the Nizam-i Cedit but the British invasion of 1807 did, I believe.)  I also ordered a bit of Irish infantry to form the core of an Irish Confederate army of the Great Rebellion when they aren't doubling up as part of Montrose's army.  Oh, and I ordered a couple of packs of Gaullish infantry to continue my slow project of replacing my Gauls (which are the really old, 3 to a strip type).

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Price rise and the Golden Ticket by peter
29th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by peter
29th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by njt236
28th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by dourpuritan
28th Apr 2024

French white coat infantry in Tarleton helmets with colourful flags 1791-94 by Colin the Wargamer
27th Apr 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS

LATEST RELEASES

HCNOMAD - Hail Caesar Arab Nomad ArmyHCNOMAD
Hail Caesar Arab Nomad Army

GNF11 - Ottoman Turkish FlagsGNF11
Ottoman Turkish Flags

AMN04 - Martu/Amorite ArchersAMN04
Martu/Amorite Archers

AMN03 - Martu/Amorite JavelinmenAMN03
Martu/Amorite Javelinmen

AMN02 - Guti Arab Javelinmen, shieldAMN02