Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > Website Queries > Real Name
TOPIC: Real Name
Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
Real Name
ironass
12th Aug 2018 09:55:30

I tired of using an alias in this forum... so not knowing how to change it... I have registered again with my real name. You see I am not ashamed by the fact that I love toy soldiers... even hardcore anoraks must acknowledge that in fact those lovely minis ARE toy soldiers. Up to now I have been posting under the alias of ironass (why I choosed one of the nicknames of Custer eludes me...). So from now on I am going to use my name. Cheers.

Email alejo dorca PM alejo dorca
Standard User
Real Name
alejo dorca
12th Aug 2018 09:57:20

Guess that using my old alias first is a good presentation card.

​

PM njt236
Standard User
Real Name
njt236
12th Aug 2018 09:34:40

I liked ironass.

Respectfully yours

G. A. Custer

Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

G S Patton

Standard User
Real Name
alejo dorca
13th Aug 2018 04:37:16

LOL... In fact the thing is more simple now I am retired... you will probably agree that those outside the hobby have a tendency  to think we are prone to infantilism, warmongers and as a whole "not serious enough"... of course it is quite the oposite. I would not have published the fact when I was  working as an arquitect (potential clients would have run away... lol) so I fully understand the use of alias by perfectly normal citizens who wish to avoid colateral damage in real life. As always I wont preach or expect proselitism At 66 I do not need an alias anymore but I need it for long years.

​

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Real Name
dourpuritan
13th Aug 2018 05:57:45

Bit strange, but not in the UK I'm assuming. No matter what anyone says these things can't be sold to people under 14 thus they cannot be described as toys. Given me a lot of pleasure over the last 52 years and have only ever elicited comments from non-wargamers relating to painting skills.

Andy Fuller

A little goes a long way

Standard User
Real Name
alejo dorca
13th Aug 2018 06:37:21

I must acknowledge that GB is much more socially advanced in that matter that some meridional countries... lol... but I still stand my ground about toy soldiers... if they are plastic there is no 14 years limit I guess... we seem to be failrly grown ups around here. I agree with lots of pleasure of course. Thank you Mr Fuller.

​

Email LEmpereur PM LEmpereur
Standard User
Real Name
LEmpereur
13th Aug 2018 10:41:35

I agree with all of that... I work in a bank in France and resolve this probleme 15 years ago when I was in the corporate magazine with one page about my hobby and me with pictures of me behind a big table cover of figures !

Then some already call me "Général" ! They don't know that We are The Emperor !

And if you know that since 25 years I take a 20 minutes nap every day... some people could think I am not 14 years old....

:D :D :D

L'Empereur Béte et Méchant vous invite à visitez : Le Blog : https://lempereurzoom13.blogspot.fr/ & Le Projet 2020 : https://2020batailledeloigny.blogspot.fr/... Cons se le disent!!!

At the top left of each blog, feel free to select your language to translate Her Majesty's Prose!

LATEST FORUM POSTS

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by MattiT
29th Apr 2024

Price rise and the Golden Ticket by peter
29th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by peter
29th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by njt236
28th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by dourpuritan
28th Apr 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS