Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> Painting and Modelling > Modelling and Conversions > NPR26 Prussian Hussars: Where's the Pelisse?
TOPIC: NPR26 Prussian Hussars: Where's the Pelisse?
Email GenWAnders PM GenWAnders
Standard User
NPR26 Prussian Hussars: Where's the Pelisse?
GenWAnders
19th May 2023 03:26:02

I may be missing something with the Prussian hussars, but it appears they are only wearing their dolman with no pelisse.  Is that intentional?  I can't find anything suggesting the dashing Prussian hussars would dare leave behind their dashing jackets.

Or perhaps I'm misreading the cast, and they're wearing their pelisse closed unlike other hussars that drape their jackets on their shoulders.  Just wanted to check before I dive into the painting.

PM peter
Administrator
peter
23rd May 2023 10:02:06

They are indeed modelled with the pelisse worn as a jacket, which was something that Hussars did when they wanted to be either warmer or just more practical.   As an aside, the Spanish Hussars can be converted by paintbrush to Prussian service, and these are modelled with the pelisse draped over the shoulder in that dashing hussar manner.

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

Email GenWAnders PM GenWAnders
Standard User
GenWAnders
23rd May 2023 04:31:41

Thanks for the response!  I was curious as to why of all the hussars Baccus sells, only the Prussians appear to be modelled with closed jackets.  It could've been a well-documented argument that they were more disciplined and less likely to show off, or that they're meant to be modeled for winter fighting as at Eylau.  Just as likely, it's for no other reason than the modeler thinking it looks better or adds a touch of variety.

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Price rise and the Golden Ticket by peter
29th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by peter
29th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by njt236
28th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by dourpuritan
28th Apr 2024

French white coat infantry in Tarleton helmets with colourful flags 1791-94 by Colin the Wargamer
27th Apr 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS

LATEST RELEASES

HCNOMAD - Hail Caesar Arab Nomad ArmyHCNOMAD
Hail Caesar Arab Nomad Army

GNF11 - Ottoman Turkish FlagsGNF11
Ottoman Turkish Flags

AMN04 - Martu/Amorite ArchersAMN04
Martu/Amorite Archers

AMN03 - Martu/Amorite JavelinmenAMN03
Martu/Amorite Javelinmen

AMN02 - Guti Arab Javelinmen, shieldAMN02