Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> Painting and Modelling > Modelling and Conversions > Help needed for assembling a Swedish GNW Army
TOPIC: Help needed for assembling a Swedish GNW Army
PM Cactus912
Standard User
Help needed for assembling a Swedish GNW Army
Cactus912
29th May 2023 11:31:28

Hello there!

I am about to start an army with GNW Swedes. I now have some questions which came up during the process:

Why do the GNS05 - Swedish Grenadiers have no command strip? Should I substitute them with the WSS03 - Grenadier - Tall Mitre to get more historical accurateness?

Since the units in the detail picture of the GNWSWE - GNW Swedish Army Pack do not match with the single units' names in the shop, can anyone tell me what is the exact composition of the infantry in the box? Especially two things here; is there any unit with karpus hat in it (and ratio karpus to tricorne units if so) and do I have to buy additional pikemen units (as I read historically it was 1:2 pikes to muskets) since there is only musket infantry in the pack?

Thank you guys in advance!

BR

Cactus

PM hwiccee
Standard User
hwiccee
29th May 2023 10:05:37

Cactus,

On the grenadiers it was not common at this time to have whole units of grenadiers. So usually the grenadiers will be say 1 strip in a larger unit with other strips - 'Infantry', pikes and of course command. I think the GNS05 pack are good for the units which had special grenadier hats. But be aware that the vast majority of Swedish grenadiers just looked like normal musket-armed people.

I can't help on your further questions but I suspect the Baccus would be open to 'customising' the units and exact compostion on tricorne/karpus.

I hope that helps,

Nick

PM MattiT
Standard User
MattiT
31st May 2023 07:07:57

Hello Cactus,

The Army packs come with pre-made ideas of units, so the pack has six "units" of foot, each with 4 musket strips, a command strip, and a pike strip. These are all of the tricorne wearing variant, but Peter has previously changed the composition of the pack to the karpus wearing models when I've requested it.

Matti

PM peter
Administrator
peter
31st May 2023 10:20:50

Hi Cactus,

Nick and Matti have answered pretty much as I would have done, but if you have any more questions or want clarification, please do ask.

Peter

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM Cactus912
Standard User
Cactus912
31st May 2023 03:53:58

A big thank you to all of you, this answers exactly what I wanted to know!

LATEST FORUM POSTS

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by MattiT
29th Apr 2024

Price rise and the Golden Ticket by peter
29th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by peter
29th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by njt236
28th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by dourpuritan
28th Apr 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS