Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> Rules > Other Rules > Polemos Campaing rules
TOPIC: Polemos Campaing rules
PM Whirlwind
Standard User
Polemos Campaing rules
Whirlwind
27th Feb 2022 09:20:09

Hi Rudi,

1 - Rules don't say, but example implies that they should be in a town/city.

2 - Rules don't say.  I suggest that you do make it only by roads though. .  This has the consequence that all forces starting off a road will be out of supply.

When I play myself, I use the following modification:

Magazines have a range of 5 (100 mile range for magazines is very generous in a cart-drawn era).  Roads count as 1, open terrain counts as 2, other terrain counts as 3.  Supply base to magazine supply can only be by road.

3 - No, I don't think so.  Rules as written implies that a supply base further than 10 bases away from a magazine (example clarifies that to 'or another magazine in the chain') will be 'ineffective', so TP penalty and shaken penalty should apply together.

PM Rudi
Standard User
Polemos Campaing rules
Rudi
1st Mar 2022 01:40:16

thank you 

just a question more, do you create the podding general? actually we are playing and we found unbalanced the TP for the two army, we have 7+1d6 vs 11+1d6 , other version of the rules ACW,FPW and NAPOLEONIC speak about only of Decisive General or Capable General , not podding...., what I want say is that the presence of several podding general in an army make useless the BID system...what do you think?

PM Whirlwind
Standard User
Polemos Campaing rules
Whirlwind
1st Mar 2022 03:08:38

No worries.

Well I think that is all a feature rather than a bug: working as designed  If you want to make things slightly fairer, I would restrict the generals' TPs to use on their own formations i.e. a Decisive general gets 2TPs, but can only by used for his own troops (and even better, troops he is physically present with).  Otherwise just make all generals 'Capable' and have done.

Incidentally, I have found it useful to define formations within a certain number of total units e.g. 7-20 for a single division or something.

PM Rudi
Standard User
Polemos Campaing rules
Rudi
8th Mar 2022 09:31:36

More questions:

4 - the cost to built a forward supply or supply base must be pay every turn of costruction or only one time?

5 - a unit can fallback also through an impassable river ?

thanks

PM Whirlwind
Standard User
Polemos Campaing rules
Whirlwind
8th Mar 2022 02:08:34

Hi Rudi,your guess is as good as mine, but...

4 - I think it is a single expenditure (I would have expected an explicit rule if the reverse were the case).

5 - No, I would expect 'impassable' to mean just that.

PM Rudi
Standard User
Polemos Campaing rules
Rudi
8th Jun 2023 09:08:16

Hi whirlwind,

I have more question, thank you for your kindly reply.

6 - During a turn with Rain a unit move 3 hex and receive shaken as rules. the question is; Could I pay immediatly 2 TP to recover the shaken or I have to wait the next turn?

7 - A unit that lose the battle or win it's the same, as rules doesn't move the following turn, is considered shaken if combat ect.., the question is; the unit the turn after be stopped have to pay 2 TP to recover the shaken or the shaken in this particular case it's only a temporary status and leave as the unit can come back to move again?

8 - (with reference to the previous case) as rules every turn are generate supply (tempo points) calculate 3 by the CINC, 2 points ect... the question is; a general of a unit that cause to a battle can't move in a turn, generate the TP (or is condidered that the general use them to reorganize own troops) so doesn't contribute for this particular turn to the pool?  

PM Whirlwind
Standard User
Polemos Campaing rules
Whirlwind
8th Jun 2023 12:46:23

Hi Rudi,

6 - Doesn't say explicitly. I infer from the form of the statements of 'moving a corps a second hex' and 'moving a corps a third hex' that you can't, because in stating the 'extra' conditions above but not mentioning carrying out the bridging and restoring from shaken actions, it implies you can't.  But if you wanted to play it the other way, I don't think anyone could say you were wrong.

7 - I don't think that they have to pay for recovery from shaken after a battle as such, because the 'shaken' only applies if the army is contacted again.

8 - I am sorry, I am not sure I have understood your meaning for this one. I think what you are asking is that if an army cannot move in a turn (in the case of it having just won a battle), does its General stop generating TPs for that side? I think the answer to that question is no, the General still generates TPs and the force could still  Iguess carry out actions that don't involve movement (building a bridge or a magazine or rally if they were out of supply).

LATEST FORUM POSTS

ITMA - French Carabiniers and Empress Dragoons by Colin the Wargamer
16th May 2024

Waterloo Map for 6mm hexes Blücher game ! by LEmpereur
16th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by Mort53
16th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
15th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by Mort53
15th May 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS