Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> Rules > Other Rules > Clausewitz Free Rules
TOPIC: Clausewitz Free Rules
PM Ascarin
Standard User
Clausewitz Free Rules
Ascarin
23rd Dec 2021 01:41:42

Clausewitz Rulebook v.0.5.0

I'm dipping my toe back into the forum with trepidation......

What is Clausewitz?

For those who have stumbled across this site recently, Clausewitz is a Corp level game designed primarily for 6mm Napoleonic warfare. I always wanted a Napoleonic game which focused on the whole battle but where what the individual battalions actions were still important to the outcome. Therefore in Clausewitz although the basic unit is the Brigade, those brigades are made up of individual elements called Battalions or Squadrons. Think of this like individual models inside a squad in a game like 40k or AoS.

The key features of Clausewitz include:

• A departure from the traditional IgoUgo turn sequence and instead relies upon chips drawn from a bag to represent a Generals actions in the turn (with each turn representing 10 minutes of battle).
  • The game is driven by your Generals, they must position themselves and activate the right units at the right time in order to win the day.
  • Objectives - There are six objectives and units can only claim an objective (and therefore score points) if a General has ordered them to do so.
  • Mini-Game - there is an optional fun mini pre-game to the main event in which your light troops determine the deployment zone in the upcoming battle.
  • Formations matter! Brigade formations and individual unit formations are presented in an intuitive fashion. The players must ensure that their units are in the right formations for the task at hand!

PM Brad1971
Standard User
Clausewitz Free Rules
Brad1971
19th Dec 2022 12:09:52

Great just what I needed another rule set........ hah thanks for posting they sound fun!

PM Dangerous Dave
Standard User
Clausewitz Free Rules
Dangerous Dave
19th Dec 2022 08:13:12

Good morning Ascarin,

It looks like your link to the rules has been hijacked by redirection... and in my case - I'm getting a job seeker's site or a site trying to sell me carpets!!!

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Clausewitz Free Rules
dourpuritan
19th Dec 2022 09:48:04

I too have encountered a problem, but I think I will stick with the Neil Thomas rules which suit my preference for small scale games.

A little goes a long way

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Bloody big battles basing by dourpuritan
1st May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
1st May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by jon1066
1st May 2024

Vanquish show 6mm game by Estarriol
1st May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
30th Apr 2024