Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> Rules > Other Rules > Age of Hannibal, Army Lists
TOPIC: Age of Hannibal, Army Lists
PM zirconi
Standard User
Age of Hannibal, Army Lists
zirconi
8th Nov 2022 05:42:22

Thanks a lot, will test them within a week when you will post them :)

PM kaiww
Standard User
kaiww
9th Nov 2022 06:50:28

@zirconi

I will have Starting Army list for Early Imperial Rome from 30BC to 100 AD, Rome, Macromanni, Suebi, North-Wester Germanic Tribes and a special list for the Revolt of the Morini and Treveri with aid of the Suebi, 30–29 BC.(Later there will be more.)

I hope this is what you are looking for ?

But do not expect to much, Imperial Rome and Germans are limited lists. I try to find some historical, special units for the Germans, like "Suebi Horse Runner"s and some obscure "Macromanni Fanatics" and give Rome some unique units over the "Auxilla" List ( Hispanic, Dalmatian, Batavia Auxillary asf.). But like i said so far limited. ;)

"My God, Mr. Bragg, you have quarreled with every officer in the army, and now you are quarreling with yourself."

PM zirconi
Standard User
zirconi
9th Nov 2022 01:42:54

@kaiww : yes should be exactly what i'm looking for. Our armies are really generic, for germans we have units of : nobles with swords and spears, warriors with spear, skirmishers with javelots, archers, generic cavalry with spears anb swords and commanders on foot and horse.

PM kaiww
Standard User
kaiww
10th Nov 2022 07:02:32

And here comes the Update ;)

The Greco-Persian Wars: I've reworked the Sparabar Infantry to be more consistent with later Persian reform attempts. (This was the first time I had reached the limits of the unity-creation rules and had to stretch it a bit. )

The Peoloepenisa War: I've added "Greek Mercenary Peltast" as these seem to have been more available in the later war.

Phoenican Dreams: Added a army list for early Numidan, added Greek Mercenerie Peltast, added Pheonician Slingers

Dark Sun of Susa contains army lists dealing with Persia from 400BC to 334BC, the Alexander campaign. During this period, Persia has fought against Sparta, Egypt and had various revolts. Currently the list includes: Persia, Egypt. Sparta and the Cadusii revolt. More revolts will follow.

Magna Germania deals with early Imperial Rome and its struggles in Germania. Currently it contains army lists for Rome, North-Western Germanic Tribes, Suebi, Macrommani and the Belgian Revolt.

(Later i will add Central German Tribes, Cherusci, Arminius and Batavian Revolt.)

I also found and fixed some bugs. As always i am open for other opinions and questions.

The Greco-Persian War V.3 (499BC – 449BC)
https://docdro.id/3N0GaQ9

The Peloponnesian War V.3 (431BC–404 BC)
https://docdro.id/s99chya

Phoenician Dreams V.2 (450BC-307BC)
https://docdro.id/p1uwTX5

Dark Sun over Susa V.1 (400BC-334BC)
https://files.fm/u/rsf7d5mh6

Magna Germania V.1 (30BC-86AD)
https://files.fm/u/wr5gyxe3x

"My God, Mr. Bragg, you have quarreled with every officer in the army, and now you are quarreling with yourself."

PM zirconi
Standard User
zirconi
10th Nov 2022 09:08:44

Many thanks

PM Brad1971
Standard User
Brad1971
19th Dec 2022 12:06:42

I recently got a copy of these rules and have really enjoyed reading them.  I would def use the 60x30 bases for spqr though.  Because I just really like Polemos rules also.

PM Brad1971
Standard User
Brad1971
16th Dec 2023 12:15:14

This is excellent I appreciate your hard work very much.  

Email Dave Hollin PM Dave Hollin
Standard User
Dave Hollin
5th Feb 2024 10:09:55

nice work sir!

Editor, Slingshot (Society of Ancients)

PM Brad1971
Standard User
Brad1971
6th Feb 2024 01:45:44

Are you using 60x30 bases or 40mm square bases for your Age of Hannibal Units.  I think the game works well either way but I also enjoy polemos and want to be able to use the troops for that and Hail Caesar as well so I am hoping 60x30 will work for everything.  Thank you for the army lists, thats a lot of work!

LATEST FORUM POSTS

ITMA - French Carabiniers and Empress Dragoons by Colin the Wargamer
16th May 2024

Waterloo Map for 6mm hexes Blücher game ! by LEmpereur
16th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by Mort53
16th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
15th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by Mort53
15th May 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS