Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > What's wrong with the Forum?
TOPIC: What's wrong with the Forum?
PM peter
Administrator
What's wrong with the Forum?
peter
25th Sep 2015 07:47:14

Thanks for all your input chaps.  Lots of very good comments and ideas. I'd agree wholeheartedly that the continuous need to login is a real pain and needs addressing.  This will be the first priority when attention switches back the site.

The fact is that I've asked Stewart to concentrate on working on the Polemos app for the moment.  Once he gets that sorted and it doesn't seem too far off now, then the focus will shift once again to the site.

What you have now is still WIP and does not reflect the ambitions that we have.I want to add a lot of the content from the old site and greatly expand the painting and modelling section.   As any of you familiar with the way we work will know, we take the time, but we do work to completion and that work is generally worth the wait.

I also think that site traffic in general across the hobby slows down over July and August.  There are other things to do in the good weather, holidays take precedence and we are all distracted by the stirring news that Yorkshire CC have won back to back county championships and set a record points total in the process.

As the new releases emerge  and Autumn show season gets into full swing I fully expect the traffic to pick up.

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM Cerdic
Standard User
What's wrong with the Forum?
Cerdic
3rd Oct 2015 04:48:45

Interesting discussion. 

I would agree with the log-in thing. There are times when I would have added a comment on the old forum but haven't on this one because I am not logged in.

Also, it's summer isn't it. All my wargaming activities have slowed down recently. Will be getting back into it now that Autumn is here!

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by jon1066
26th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by ChrisBBB
26th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by dourpuritan
26th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
25th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by Mort53
25th Apr 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS