Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
12... 4
> General > General > I started a Blog...
TOPIC: I started a Blog...
Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
I started a Blog...
ironass
15th Jun 2019 04:09:36

If someone is interested in my ramblings about the hobby here is the link: 

https://www.mytoysoldiersandme.com

Guess this is a better solution, pestering this Forum with my divagations was not a good experience for you because this is a BACCUS forum (and I really fear Reeducation Camps). I deal in too many things and scales I guess.

By the way thanks to all Forum members who have appreciated, very kind of you. I can be contacted at adb@andorra.ad (if need be). No comments allowed on my blog  because to permit comments on my blog  seems to allow spam of any kind to pester ME!...  In fact I called it a Blog... but my sons have already explained in detail to me this is not what is generally termed "Blog"... they are right of course!... it is more a collection of Posts about things I did not have rambled about on my book... a real time actualization of it... and all I have been doing since 2016. Thought better to clarify a bit... I do update things in them posts but it is not a "diary". Cheers.

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
I started a Blog...
dourpuritan
16th Jun 2019 11:16:57

Very impressive stuff there Alejo.

A little goes a long way

Standard User
I started a Blog...
dourpuritan
18th Jun 2019 08:31:54

So it is. always need reminding, same with Trafalgar Day.

A little goes a long way

PM Whirlwind
Standard User
I started a Blog...
Whirlwind
18th Jun 2019 10:10:20

I have had a peek around your blog today.  Very nice!  I don't think I could have sold all of those figures though...

PM SeanDClark
Standard User
I started a Blog...
SeanDClark
20th Jun 2019 09:15:41

What a lovely blog! Thank you for sharing your hobby with us.

https://godsownscale2.blogspot.com/

The God's Own Scale Podcast can be found here...

https://godsownscale6mm.podbean.com/

PM IainF
Standard User
I started a Blog...
IainF
25th Jun 2019 05:32:26

Interesting read. My dad used to have that Big Horn game, that along with 'Campaign' was my introduction into wargaming. Then when he showed me his ACW Union army I was hooked!

PM njt236
Standard User
I started a Blog...
njt236
27th Jun 2019 01:39:20

I had a Little Big Horn board game with miniatures when I was a boy. I'm not sure if it's the same one as yours though

Just enlarged your photo of the board game. The one I had was a thick board that folded in half and the figures were slighlty smaller. Perhaps 25mm

Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

G S Patton

Standard User
I started a Blog...
dourpuritan
27th Jun 2019 07:20:06

Also had the Little Big Horn Game in the 60s. The figures that came with it were pretty well painted at the time. Don't ever remember winning with the cavalry. Also had Brian Horrocks' Battle. It was a gridded game on a shiney green board to which 2D plastic scenery, such as hills and woods, could be temporarily added simply by using hand pressure. The two sides had guns, tanks and planes.

A little goes a long way

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
I started a Blog...
ironass
27th Jun 2019 09:16:30

Thanks for all the kind comments . The LBH old boardgame with minis (the missing link between  boardgames/hexagons and kriegspiel wargames) included what they were originally plastic painted figures... circa 25mm seems appropiate description... of course the originals are gone forever due to too many generations of kids playing with them... I rescued the grid in extremis!... quite battered if you please... thanks for the comment.             Thanks Iain I must be as old as your father... very difficult to win for the Cavalry... only indecently lucky throws of the dice may save you... bitter experience!  Thanks Sean too.           I got three of them METAURO... LITTLE BIG HORN... and ALAMEIN... the last with tanks, planes, guns, infantry 3D those pieces and a desert grid... the last one inevitably lost forever... still got the first two though.

PM Whirlwind
Standard User
I started a Blog...
Whirlwind
19th Oct 2019 05:41:08

"if not POLEMOS then what?"

what are you looking for in your ruleset?

LATEST FORUM POSTS

1066 and all that by pushing.tin
6th May 2024

Macedonian Successor Phalangites by Rob Thorn
6th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
5th May 2024

ANTIETAM 6mm by horrorninja29@yahoo.co.uk
5th May 2024

Macedonian Successor Phalangites by Rob Thorn
4th May 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS