Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > Pony Wars Subscription is now live!
TOPIC: Pony Wars Subscription is now live!
PM peter
Administrator
Pony Wars Subscription is now live!
peter
11th Sep 2020 10:45:34

The Pony Wars project is finally underway!  We have nearly completed the final draft of the rules and with all the quotes finalised, we are in a position, at last, to start the subscription process.    As this is not a Baccus project ordering the rules is being done through a separate site, www.ponywars.uk   If you visit that page you will find all the basic information and the facility to make your pre-order.

We have started a new Facebook group to update people on progress and to discuss all aspects of the rules and the game.   You can find it here.

The first edition was published in 1980 and the whole thing was the invention of the marvellously creative Ian Beck.  We knew that we were on to something special from the very first play test session.  We made a game that we enjoyed tremendously and sharing it with the world was a joy.   A joy that has continued to spread over the years across the wargaming hobby,

Mike, John and me are really pleased to be able get this project off the ground.  Pony Wars marked a real high point in our early years in the hobby and we are still a little taken aback about how well these rules have survived in the wargaming collective memory and just how many people have requested, if not demanded, their revival. It is also a mark of our deep affection and respect for Ian and his legacy.  He remains a much-missed character and we hope that he would have approved of this updated edition of his most influential publication.

We are hoping to raise the funds for this project by subscription.  Please do share this announcement across as many forums, blogs, discussion groups and Facebook pages as you can.   We can't afford a big advertising campaign - this is about word of mouth, and the more of us spreading that word, the better!

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM Sjwalker51
Standard User
Sjwalker51
12th Sep 2020 08:10:50

Great news, I’ve signed up.

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
ironass
12th Sep 2020 08:59:58

Start buying NOW!.... (what are you waiting for eludes me...)... Done so myself #14 subscriptor... and if not... at least spread the word!

PM NICK
Standard User
NICK
12th Sep 2020 12:59:55

Done

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
ironass
12th Sep 2020 01:30:24

Nick: well done!

PM mluiesp
Standard User
mluiesp
14th Sep 2020 07:42:59

-- nevermind, issue solved itself --

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
ironass
17th Sep 2020 11:04:11

BTW.... I have been charged for them!.... meaning PayPal.... meaning my credit card balance and all... so I expect the rest of subscribers... or if not published.... refund.... lets hope it don't come to that...

PM Whirlwind
Standard User
Whirlwind
17th Sep 2020 12:09:57

Yes, I was wondering about that, how does this subscription scheme actually work?

PM peter
Administrator
peter
17th Sep 2020 10:12:52

Yes, we take the funds up front - sorry, we aren't as sophisticated as Kickstarter.  On the other hand, no-one will lose out.   We will go to print, even if I have to arrange to buy up the unsubscribed copies in order to arrange for the publication to go ahead.   Refunds will not be necessary.

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
ironass
18th Sep 2020 06:09:26

Never doubt it... in all my years dealing with Baccus (aka Peter) the result was optimal,  fair and exquisite... I only thought it would help to get a clarification of the whole process. Carry on Peter!... we suport Baccus.

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Bloody big battles basing by dourpuritan
1st May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
1st May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by jon1066
1st May 2024

Vanquish show 6mm game by Estarriol
1st May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
30th Apr 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS