Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > For all our European Customers
TOPIC: For all our European Customers
PM peter
Administrator
For all our European Customers
peter
22nd Dec 2020 03:20:46

I think that my personal views on the wisdom of the Brexit project are well known, but like it or not, it has happened, and things will change from January 1st.   As yet, the sharp intellects negotiating on our behalf have yet to actually distinguish their buttocks from their arm joints and no-one has a clue as to what the situation will be vis a vis tariffs, deals, no deals or the price of fish.

However, is certain is that the VAT regime will be changing.    So here is what I know will be happening and what we will be doing about it:

• From 2021, all EU sales will no longer be charged VAT.  This will automatically reduce the base costs of an order by 20%.   
  • For the moment, postal charges will remain unchanged.  
  • However, once your order arrives in your country, you will be liable to be charged VAT and a local tariff if applicable.   We cannot tell you what this will be, as each country within the EU sets its own rates and thresholds for payments, as well as classifications of goods, (as they are all sovereign states and the EU has no centralised control over them).    Experience tells us that the general rate of collection of these charges on mail order goods depends on the diligence (or lack therof) of local postal services, and that most charges are not picked up.  However, that is a generalisation not a promise!
  • The amount of paperwork at our end will go up considerably, and we will have to declare the cost of the goods on any paperwork and customs declarations.   This total will not include p&p costs.  Please don’t ask us to under-declare totals – these are legal documents and form part of our VAT records, and we are not going to break the law.   If you know that your country will impose a tarrif on ‘Models’, but not on ‘Toys’ (or vice versa), please let us know when you place the order.  We will work with you as best we can.
  • Some of you have outstanding orders with us waiting to be processed, and you will already have been charged VAT on these.  If they are sent out to you after January 1st, you will be refunded the VAT total.  I will be in contact with you in turn as we get to your order.

This is all bound to be a period of change and uncertainty.  Please bear with us as we work through it, and, be assured that we will do our utmost to continue provide a high-quality service in these most interesting of times.

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

Email LEmpereur PM LEmpereur
Standard User
LEmpereur
24th Dec 2020 11:38:31

By "European Customers" ... do you mean "Not UK British"? ;-)

Despite Brexit, you are still geographically in Europe! :D :D :D

So we and we go back several years ... and see what happens with taxes!

But we won't stop to order your beautiful figurines from you!

Merry Christmas to everyone!

L'Empereur Béte et Méchant vous invite à visitez : Le Blog : https://lempereurzoom13.blogspot.fr/ & Le Projet 2020 : https://2020batailledeloigny.blogspot.fr/... Cons se le disent!!!

At the top left of each blog, feel free to select your language to translate Her Majesty's Prose!

Email TormaxGP PM TormaxGP
Standard User
TormaxGP
26th Dec 2020 08:58:13

I say as LEmpereur, lets wait and se what happens whit the vat/tax thing, im not sure but i saw someting on the news about EU and GB coming to a agrement about trade and such, so it looks like it wont be a hard all out Brexit, wich is awsome.

Even if i the vat/tax thing happens i will still continue to buy minis from Baccus .

I hope you open the cart soon so i can make more orders.

Lastly hope you all had a great Christmas and will have a great New years eve, whit family and friends as much as restriction let you.

Regards Göran 

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
dourpuritan
27th Dec 2020 02:44:18

I feel the same as you guys being a Brit who has given up on the pig-headedness of the British politicians and many of the residents there and have moved to Nederland. Will still be ordering from British wargames manufacturers as there is only Van Dyck in Belgium which caters to my needs over here. I do feel sorry for all the angst and possible extra work this has foisted on small British businesses.

Andy

A little goes a long way

PM nuno.castilho@gmail.com
Standard User
nuno.castilho@gmail.com
27th Dec 2020 03:55:41

Apparently those people have reached a deal and there should be no tariffs. I plan to place an order early January! May you guys have a healthy 2021

Let there be fun!

PM philemon
Standard User
philemon
1st Jan 2021 03:37:54

Hi peter and all,

Is the cart opened again ?
About politic stuffs, well... it's just politics.
So, not sure, but may we order again ?
(I'm not natural english speaker)

Cheers, and best wishes for 2021 to be better than 2020 to any of you and your families.

PM mluiesp
Standard User
mluiesp
1st Jan 2021 04:24:04

Hi philemon, just checked it and the cart is still disabled

PM philemon
Standard User
philemon
1st Jan 2021 08:23:41

Thanks mluiesp,
I see it was as well but thought it could have been re-opened.
So not sure after-all.
Patience being a virtue, I will check again from time to time, but any clue when things will be back all fine ?
Cheers to all.

PM mluiesp
Standard User
mluiesp
1st Jan 2021 11:00:33

It's the fog of war turned into a pandemic, we have to live up with it :)

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
30th Apr 2024

Bloody big battles basing by ChrisBBB
30th Apr 2024

Bloody big battles basing by Brad1971
30th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
29th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by MattiT
29th Apr 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS