Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > Pavia and the Italian Wars
TOPIC: Pavia and the Italian Wars
PM barcah2001
Standard User
Pavia and the Italian Wars
barcah2001
8th Aug 2022 01:57:30

MarkThe are some very good new Renaissance rules just out and I'd like to build on my War of the Roses armies to be able to refight Pavia and Fornovo but I need gendarmes, landsknechts and Swiss. Any hope for these in the near future? Test of Resolve and Never Mind the Billhooks are good sets.

PM bloodyplebs
Standard User
bloodyplebs
11th Aug 2022 12:11:09

I would love an Italian Wars range. What Renaissance ruleset are you thinking about playing?

PM barcah2001
Standard User
barcah2001
11th Aug 2022 11:10:39

It's a great period for armor, dress, tactics and personalities. Two great new rule sets for the War of the Roses can easily be used for the Italian Wars. Never Mind the Billhooks is about to add an extension for the wars and Test of Resolve is easily used as well. Now we need some gendarmes, Swiss, landsknechts, Spanish...Please!

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
dourpuritan
12th Aug 2022 09:27:12

Looking at the catalogue figures I would suggest that a number of packs are already suitable as proxies for Italians of the earlier part of the Italian Wars, i.e. the crossbowmen, handgunners, mercenary pikemen and levy spearmen. Some of these could also be used as early Spanish of the Garigliano period. The heavy cavalry could be used as is or given skirted tunics and/or plumes using greenstuff. The lighter cavalry could be given little heart shaped shields as Spanish genitors or used as is for Italians.  The artillery could also be used as is.

A little goes a long way

PM barcah2001
Standard User
barcah2001
12th Aug 2022 10:23:03

Hello dourpuritan! I agree, there are many figures that can already  be used so the addition of a few more strips can open new vistas. At a minimum the landsknect and Spanish. I painted some War of the Roses pikes as Swiss--it will work for now. Like using 7 Years War for the wars of the revolution. It works until the real thing is available. Been thinking about free stuff, not sure I could do the French gendarmes justice!

PM Peoplescavalry
Standard User
Peoplescavalry
12th Aug 2022 07:48:55

At the Joy of Six it was revealed by Peter that the Italian wars is the next project, fingers crossed !

PM barcah2001
Standard User
barcah2001
12th Aug 2022 10:55:30

Alright!!! The stars align for once.

PM peter
Administrator
peter
16th Aug 2022 05:43:50

Yes, it's true.  We will be starting on an Italian Wars range once the GNW resculpt is completed.

This will be a very 'special' range.  I have plans...

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
4th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
4th May 2024

Macedonian Successor Phalangites by David Kay
4th May 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by ChrisBBB
3rd May 2024

Bloody big battles basing by Talbot
3rd May 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS