Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > Website Queries > Website Store opens tomorrow
TOPIC: Website Store opens tomorrow
PM Colin the Wargamer
Standard User
Website Store opens tomorrow
Colin the Wargamer
16th Jun 2020 08:09:34

So glad to see that the store opens at 12.00, BST, 17 June.  I trust that it will still be open at 12.01, when the UK internet slows down as a wave of wargamers order the finest small soldiers in the world.  Nice one Peter - it's at lunchtime, so we can all take a break and buy stuff online.  Apparently it is now my civic duty to support the UK economy....  so I'm investing in alloy!  See you all tomorrow lunchtime!  I'm very excited !!!!!!!  Colin

PM Colin the Wargamer
Standard User
Colin the Wargamer
17th Jun 2020 11:49:13

Et voila!  I have ordered my troops......  so will wait to see when they turn up!  Thanks, Peter, for making my day much better!  Colin

PM njt236
Standard User
njt236
17th Jun 2020 09:43:57

Unfortunately the cart will be closing again, again.

Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

G S Patton

PM Colin the Wargamer
Standard User
Colin the Wargamer
18th Jun 2020 07:20:55

I immediately think - darn!  should have ordered at least 1 more pack of (insert your favourite model here....).  Thank you, Peter, for the ray of hope offered to desperate wargamers across the land!

PM 34Binari
Standard User
34Binari
19th Jun 2020 09:52:59

Maybe next time we could have more than 24hrs notice. Some have been actively working throughout all this (helping to keep people safe and their lights on), so, between long shifts and the need for sleep, checking the website more than once a week isn't always possible.

PM peter
Administrator
peter
20th Jun 2020 10:08:36

34BInari,

I can fully understand your frustration and apologise for the window for ordering being so brief.   In all honesty, we we were expecting to keep the cart open for  3-4 days which would have given most people the opportunity to get their order in.   However circumstances proved otherwise and the deluge that washed over us forced us to close earlier than we had anticipated.

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM vogel-chr
Standard User
vogel-chr
22nd Jun 2020 07:26:27

Any chance of another shot at ordering miniatures soon?

PM peter.mccrone
Standard User
peter.mccrone
22nd Jun 2020 07:34:15

Oh Great Makers of Armies Small in Stature but Mighty in Numbers (that's you Baccus!), assuage our thirst for knowledge - how many orders and how long do you think it iwll take this time from experience of the last few rushes on and off? Ta

PM peter.mccrone
Standard User
peter.mccrone
30th Jun 2020 05:55:36

The Great Makers of Armies Small in Stature but Mighty in Numbers have just mailed me to say that Order No 14374 has been despatched (that is mine btw). So if your close bahind that in the queue you should be getting good news soon. And I can start painting the 2nd Century of the 1st Cohort of my Legion and start sorting out the impedimenta!

PM HMS Priapus
Standard User
HMS Priapus
30th Jun 2020 08:44:28

Glad to hear your minions are en route Peter. I would just mention here, for US customers at least, that I've just received order #13959. Box in perfect condition, so I presume it was quarantined somewhere -- for 2+ months!  The order I placed during a much more recent store opening arrived week before last. Anyway, point is be patient - there's no telling what happens once the parcel is released into the wild. And I have found that Baccus has always reliably delivered excellent service!

Now, I must go say my daily vespers in the shrine of COTOTS.

LATEST FORUM POSTS

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by njt236
28th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by dourpuritan
28th Apr 2024

French white coat infantry in Tarleton helmets with colourful flags 1791-94 by Colin the Wargamer
27th Apr 2024

ANTIETAM 6mm by ironass
26th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by jon1066
26th Apr 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS

LATEST RELEASES

HCNOMAD - Hail Caesar Arab Nomad ArmyHCNOMAD
Hail Caesar Arab Nomad Army

GNF11 - Ottoman Turkish FlagsGNF11
Ottoman Turkish Flags

AMN04 - Martu/Amorite ArchersAMN04