> Forums
Reply
12
> Painting and Modelling > Gallery > The Pacific War
TOPIC: The Pacific War
PM Hecoma
Standard User
Posts: 55
The Pacific War
Hecoma
23rd May 2020 01:34:16

20mm x 30mm for the infantry, 30mm x 30mm for the cavalry and 30mm x 40mm for the artillery. 


PM njt236
Standard User
Posts: 441
The Pacific War
njt236
27th May 2020 01:20:49

It says that IGaBC uses a gridded playing area. Not having or wanting a gridded mat do the game mechanics work if you just want to use good old fashioned cms/inches?. Also which units/army would you use specifically ACW and for which would you use FPW?

Nigel


Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

                G S Patton

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Posts: 1244
The Pacific War
dourpuritan
27th May 2020 04:00:44

Very impressive work. It goes to show how versatile the mid/late C19th figures can be. FPW French cuirassiers can even be used in the Bolivian army dressed in yellow jackets.


A little goes a long way

PM Hecoma
Standard User
Posts: 55
The Pacific War
Hecoma
30th May 2020 06:20:31

@ njt236

You can play IGaBC without squares. The explanation on Trebian's blog http://wargaming4grownups.blogspot.com/2020/01/its-getting-bit-chilewithout-squares.html 

For the figures

https://www.baccus6mm.com/forum/PaintingandModelling/Gallery/1371-1-ImperialProject:SanFranciscoBattle/


PM njt236
Standard User
Posts: 441
The Pacific War
njt236
30th May 2020 02:54:39

Thanks Hecoma. I read the blog after posting my question. Should have read the blog first


Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

                G S Patton

PM njt236
Standard User
Posts: 441
The Pacific War
njt236
7th Jun 2020 03:00:53

Just receieved IGaBC and now need to choose figure codes. Which FPF codes do not have backpacks please? Can't really tell from the site photos.

Nigel


Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

                G S Patton

PM Hecoma
Standard User
Posts: 55
The Pacific War
Hecoma
7th Jun 2020 06:58:54

All French figures carry a backpack. 


PM njt236
Standard User
Posts: 441
The Pacific War
njt236
16th Jun 2020 11:40:55

Did the Bolivian National Guard carry flags? Many thanks

Nigel


Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

                G S Patton

PM Hecoma
Standard User
Posts: 55
The Pacific War
Hecoma
10th Jul 2020 10:32:48

I received yesterday my latest order. Let's go again!


PM njt236
Standard User
Posts: 441
The Pacific War
njt236
28th Jul 2020 02:43:17

@Trebian

Hi Trebian. Bought IGaBC a few weeks back and am now putting the armies together using Baccus of course. Could you tell me. #1 Did the National Guard carry flags?. #2 Did both Bttns of a regt carry flags? or just the first.

Thanks Nigel

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

                G S Patton

12
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer