> Forums
Reply
1... 456... 11
> Painting and Modelling > Gallery > Vae Victis
TOPIC: Vae Victis
PM Leafs87
Standard User
Posts: 122
Vae Victis
Leafs87
10th Apr 2022 08:18:45

Cheers David. Yes, working them into game systems has been super enjoyable. They add another immersive layer. Now toying with the idea of building a few custom battering rams...perhaps with some villagers steering, if I can manage to work some magic...

Fielding some finished Gothic* archers, Roman/Latin cav, Roman ballista.


PM Leafs87
Standard User
Posts: 122
Vae Victis
Leafs87
23rd Apr 2022 11:51:52

 

Recent trip to the local fabric store has served well yet another installment of the Hannibal campaign...so much terrain to fill! Going to attempt spray painting for my first mat...any tips? 


PM David Kay
Standard User
Posts: 273
Vae Victis
David Kay
26th Apr 2022 07:45:55

I remember dyeing some old sheets green many many years ago to use as the base for battlefields. I used an old second-hand baby bath and did it outside on a warm but not windy day.


PM Leafs87
Standard User
Posts: 122
Vae Victis
Leafs87
5th Jun 2022 09:20:48

A peek at the battlefield prior to a game with friends. Battle of the Trebia, 218 BC, Rome and Carthage. What a blast :) 

Hannibal's (Chris) early aggression was the story of the first half, with Carthage making strong gains across the river and up to the boundaries of Placentia. The momentum would swing, however, with Rome's Sempronius Longus (Mike) taking charge in the latter half by orchestrating an effective defensive line, preventing the invading Punics from breaching the Latin settlement. Flipping the script on history, Rome wins the day on objectives and casualties. 


PM Leafs87
Standard User
Posts: 122
Vae Victis
Leafs87
10th Jul 2022 05:32:23

Mustered a few more Republicans over the weekend. 

Hastati w/ gladius 

Italian Hoplites

Hastati/Principes w/ pilum


Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Posts: 1244
Vae Victis
dourpuritan
11th Jul 2022 11:34:26

My first fabric mat was a fleece blanket from Amazon in lime green. I sprayed patches on it on the washing line on a sunny day. The sprays I used were darker green, a sandy colour and a mid brown. This served me well until I began to get professionally printed mats. I donated the original mat to the wargames club before I left the UK.


A little goes a long way

PM Leafs87
Standard User
Posts: 122
Vae Victis
Leafs87
11th Jul 2022 11:31:02

Thanks for the tips, folks. I've made a few attempts using a few different fabrics, with mixed results. Will try to showcase one at somepoint over the summer. 

 

Velites


PM David Kay
Standard User
Posts: 273
Vae Victis
David Kay
12th Jul 2022 07:28:36

Looking forward to seeing the results! 

As usual your figures are very well painted and I look forward to seeing shots of them in action.


PM Leafs87
Standard User
Posts: 122
Vae Victis
Leafs87
17th Jul 2022 12:09:02

A wee weekend skirmish. 


PM Leafs87
Standard User
Posts: 122
Vae Victis
Leafs87
19th Jul 2022 02:50:57


1... 45
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer